thanks to a guardian angel

peternoble
peternoble Posts: 3
edited November 2009 in The bottom bracket
On the morning of Tuesday 27 October, I turned off Marylebone Rd and woke up in an ambulance. Whoever was cycling behind me called an ambulance, called my wife and stayed with me to brief the paramedics.

I have no memory of what happened, or of who you were, but I really appreciate it!

Cheers,
Peter
8)

Comments

• Did anybody tell you what had happened? Injuries?
  • The paramedic told me what he'd been told: apparently my wheels went out, no-one else involved. My hand is stitched, my chin taped and my cheek glued, but nothing serious!

I just really want to get my thanks to the other rider who looked after everything!
  • What's your guess - damp leaves, metalwork? Glad though that there's nothing too serious, mind you watch out for any hint of dizziness or blurred vision.

There was a thread a couple of days ago (http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12659563) from a guy who had an off on spilt diesel on a corner and seems to have landed on his face. He too was concussed. Maybe you should get together and form a club - and we'll all try not to join :)

Take care and I hope you get back in the saddle very soon.

+1 for your guardian angel - it's good to know that there are people like that around.
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    glad you're fine peternoble......and glad there are some nice people about......
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    +2 for your guardian angel :D

Thats the kind of accident i want (if i'm unlucky enough to have one). Just wake up and not know a thing about it.
  • Cressers
    Cressers Posts: 1,329
    My sympathies. I've had nemerous concussions, it's no fun waking up and wondering what happened and where that part of your life went. Take it easy for a week or two but then get back on your bike again. Good luck and get well soon!
  • glad you're in 1 piece and +3 to the guardian angel.
  • geoff_ss
    geoff_ss Posts: 1,201
    That 'Where am I?" sensation is really true. It's happened to me a couple of times and it's scary. Glad you've survived the experience and I'm sure you'd have done the same if someone had fallen in front of you. It's still a nice feeling that someone cared enough to help out.

I cycled for years and many 1000s of miles before I had an accident but it happens eventually to most in my experience. Fortunately the vast majority are minor tumbles that result in a full recovery.

Geoff
    Old cyclists never die; they just fit smaller chainrings ... and pedal faster