What's the best quality L/S cycle jersey on the market?

nicensleazy
nicensleazy Posts: 2,310
edited November 2009 in Road buying advice
just wondering what's the best L/S cycle jersey on the market at the moment. I think its got to be either Assos or Rapha I guess? Although saying that, I see the Le Col L/S jersey today and the quality looks pretty good.

Comments

• Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    my prendas one is great quality - fine for autumn day wear - too warm for summer but i got the long sleeve version.

i should declare i only have 3 jerseys to compare though

(ps nicensleazy - where did the stranglers' keyboard player end up - is he still in the band or doing other gigs? It was his style that got me into them in the first place in 1981)
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Love my Rapha jersey - too nice to cycle in tho ! :-)
  • Baytt
    Baytt Posts: 102
    +1 for rapha

got the long sleeve jersey, incredibly comfy and looks great.
  • DaSy
    DaSy Posts: 599
    My favourite long sleeve jersey is my Rapha Winter Jersey. It works for cool to quite cold rides, and the zipped vents in the chest mean you can cool down if the day warms up.
    Complicating matters since 1965
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    I have 2 from lidl, and they have pockets, and zips and everything. Just like the £70 ones.
    Mine cost me £5.
  • Jon8a
    Jon8a Posts: 235
    Just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's the best. If you believe expensive is better I've got a halfords Jersey you could have for £200. Most of them are made from old plastic bottles. I guess the best might be down to personal fit as much as quality.
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Rapha Sportwool L|S jersey. Can't fault it.
    Sometimes you still get what you pay for.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    derosa wrote:
    Rapha Sportwool L|S jersey. Can't fault it.
    Sometimes you still get what you pay for.

agreed!
  • just bought a Colomba long sleeve jersey, a good price, quick delivery, well made and fits great.Worn it a couple of times and I think it rates easily as well as Rapha kit, which I like very much.
  • Mister W
    Mister W Posts: 791
    Define quality... I've just bought a merino wool jersey from On-one for £28. TBH it's a bit nice to wear when cycling so I might just pose around the house in it.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Rapha
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Rapha Winter or long sleeve jersey.
    Assos Intermediate or EVO 1

All these 4 are good but each one is slightly different. Prendas always have some nice sensibly priced jerseys and GBCycles often have something onsale
    M.Rushton
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Mister W - is that the On One kit that they were emailing about on Friday ? I've ordered one too.

My bike wardrobe is a mix of makes - Rapha, Aldi and lots of others. Somethings are worth the money, others not. I favour my DHB shorts over the Assos ones, but everyones different.