good haloween tip for you

northernneil
northernneil Posts: 1,549
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
bit late I know, but every year I get some clementines and draw a pumpkin type face on them with marker pens - when i first did this and put them in a bowl with sweets and chocolates the kids went mental for the 'baby pumpkins' - they took them rather than the unhealthy sweets. Just give them out all the time now

Comments

• blakef111
    blakef111 Posts: 374
    Yes but how do you do you stop the little buggers knocking on your door in the first place?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I prefer the home made toffee apple.

Wrap them up in clingfilm so they don't eat them straight away.

Then when they are home comes the surprise that you actually made it with an onion rather than an apple.
  • Brussell sprouts dipped in chocolate and wrapped in Ferrero Roche wrappers!!
  • best part of daves suggestion is that it means you get to eat the chocs first
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    NapoleonD wrote:

Then when they are home comes the surprise that you actually made it with an onion rather than an apple.

reminds me of when i put a brick in an empty tin of Quality Street for my little brother, back in the 70s when those sweets would have been a superb pressie..... the look on his face before vs after!
  • Mothyman wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

reminds me of when i put a brick in an empty tin of Quality Street for my little brother, back in the 70s when those sweets would have been a superb pressie..... the look on his face before vs after!

Cruel sod, like the onion toffee apples though :D
  • blakef111 wrote:
    Yes but how do you do you stop the little buggers knocking on your door in the first place?

yelling 'get out of the way you f***ing dick' seemed to work with the one that just stepped straight into the road in front of me yelling trick or treat as I was at full tilt coming home tonight.

it's been a day for it.