UCI's 2009-2010 Track Cycling World Cup Classics

2»

Comments

• Chris Hoy did not win the Keirin, he wasn't in it, he won the sprint and team sprint. Matt Crampton won the Men's Keirin final.

Chris Hoy DID win the Kierin. He didn't win the Japanese Invitational Kierin (the last event on Sunday) - that's what Crampton won.

Do any of the British riders even compete in the other World Cup meetings? What's the point?
    yes, they do. However getting qualification for the Worlds after 1 round (for various events) means that they can pick and choose now who they send to the other rounds.

If you want to watch some more track racing - check out the Revolution series, soon to start at the NCC.
  • Stuey01
    Stuey01 Posts: 1,273
    Chris Hoy did not win the Keirin, he wasn't in it, he won the sprint and team sprint. Matt Crampton won the Men's Keirin final.

Chris Hoy DID win the Kierin. He didn't win the Japanese Invitational Kierin (the last event on Sunday) - that's what Crampton won.

Doh, my apologies, that's what you get when you only get to see snatches of the event...
    Not climber, not sprinter, not rouleur
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    edited October 2012
    Armistead is always a good one to watch.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Anyone else think the Derney bike is ridiculous? I understand the need for it but what is the point in the imp controlling it in spinning the pedals? Surely an electric scooter would look less stupid?
  • Anyone else think the Derney bike is ridiculous? I understand the need for it but what is the point in the imp controlling it in spinning the pedals? Surely an electric scooter would look less stupid?
  • Sheptastic wrote:
    Anyone else think the Derney bike is ridiculous? I understand the need for it but what is the point in the imp controlling it in spinning the pedals? Surely an electric scooter would look less stupid?

Electric bikes have been used, it's just not the same without the noise of the engine building up the speed!

I've pondered for a long time that 6 day style track cycling would potentially work great as sport/entertainment family viewing, especially on dark winter evenings and marketed with some sort of regional team angle. The Track has plenty of variation & quirky races to keep people interested. Those old enough may remember the Horse of the Year Show (and one or 2 similar) filling this sort of slot back in the 70's - but I suppose everything has to be celebrity based these days.