Beacon RCC's Sunrise Express and Snowdrop Express Audaxes

Beacon RCC's Sunrise Express and Snowdrop Express Audaxes

....the only audax you should be thinking about at this time of year

A superb event to help you blow out those winter cobwebs, get some winter training or merely enjoy a leisurely ride through the crisp and hopefully sunny weather. The routes start at Hartlebury in North Worcestershire and head off to circuit the Vale of Evesham

This is a popular audax and only one of a few at this time of year. It usually attracts upto 300 riders, so make sure you book a place as soon, you can and you can do this and for only £4online.

Full Details:

http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/audax/express/index.html

The Events -6th February 2010

Our two events, the Sunrise Express and the Snowdrop Express, are both 123km in length and they follow the same route, but travelling in opposite directions. The start times are staggered as follows to give riders a choice and to ease congestion at the HQ.

Sunrise Express. 08.30. 123km clockwise

Snowdrop Express. 09.00. 123km anti-clockwise

How to Enter

http://www.beaconrcc.org.uk/audax/express/entry.html

The Route:

express_map.jpg

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    edited January 2010
    Phil,

Is there a discount for those of us who turned up and couldn't ride the event because
    of the ice?
  • maander wrote:
    Phil,

Is there a discount for those of us who turned up and couldn't ride the event because
    of the ice?

maander

Good question, Andy has discounted all the entry fees for 2010. This also means that anybody entering online will not have to pay the Paypal surcharge - it will be a straight £4.

Hopefully - the Council will have enough salt for 2010!
  • Blimey, I almost missed this message.

Yep, I am up for this event as always. I have entered the past two events but was a DNF in 2009 due to our lovely council running out of road salt.

The 2008 event was fantastic. A group of us rode the non-lanes option. I t was probably the first time I have ever chain gang on audax! Most beards and sandles would be horrified. We returned before the HQ control opened.

It was a great ride and look forward to 2010.

Thanks to the Beacon again. I love your events.
  • Please note that there are only a few places left. You will need to hurry up with your entry form.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Hello Phil,

Ive only ever done charity events before. Is the route sign posted ? - or do we have to follow a map ?

Pete.
  • kingrollo wrote:
    Hello Phil,

Ive only ever done charity events before. Is the route sign posted ? - or do we have to follow a map ?

Pete.

Hi Pete,

Audaxes are not sign posted but each rider does receive a route card. GPX downloads are also available from our website for GPS users. However, if you are concerned about using a route card, the best bet is to pair up with another rider and follow them.

Hope you are keeping well and not too snowed-up in Romsley.

Philip
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    OK - Phil have signed up - this is due to be off the road for weeks due to the ice - my enthusiasumn to get out there is through the roof - of course after 20 miles - I may feel different.