Mundane Observations Thread

Comments

• nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    Sainsburys are/were selling Christmas Pudding at 75% off, its best before end is March 2011, my only concerns are will I remember that a) I bought it and b) where I put it.

You could leave it somewhere so obvious that by Christmas next year you no longer pay any attention to it.
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    My wife buys Christmas cards, decorations & presents (for next year) in the January sales. Impressive forward planning I feel. Personally I'm a more last minute type - all part of the Xmas experience perhaps?
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Had to dig a neighbour out this morning - that's two days in a row.

-Spider-
  • Porgy
    Porgy Posts: 4,525
    for the last 6/7 years I have bought xmas cards in the january sales. I have never managed to find them again the following December - not even when I moved house. I have no idea where they all go. I won't be bothering this year.
  • nolf wrote:
    Sainsburys are/were selling Christmas Pudding at 75% off, its best before end is March 2011, my only concerns are will I remember that a) I bought it and b) where I put it.

You could leave it somewhere so obvious that by Christmas next year you no longer pay any attention to it.

Am sure that I will come home steaming drunk one day this year with a few mates and we will eat it. Then I will spend all December looking for it as I will have forgotten about eating it :oops:
  • Porgy
    nolf wrote:

Am sure that I will come home steaming drunk one day this year with a few mates and we will eat it. Then I will spend all December looking for it as I will have forgotten about eating it :oops:

That's not what happens to my xmas cards.
  • passout
    Blue skies here in Lancs...
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    -spider- wrote:

Your patio must be looking like a bomb-site! Have you run out of turkey? :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • -spider-
    skyd0g wrote:

Your patio must be looking like a bomb-site! Have you run out of turkey? :wink:

Must find how to post a photo - I've managed to get out a couple of times and I walked to the local shop today (about 2 miles). Great fun!

-Spider-
  • -spider- wrote:

must have been a leprichaun
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • there is no twitterhollics thread
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • Had dinner last night as usual.
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • Porgy
    I had very cold feet when I got into work this morning.
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    Porgy wrote:
    I had very cold feet when I got into work this morning.

I've finally found a use for my 'waterproof' overshoes. They're f...ompletely useless at keeping water out, but they do keep the toes warm.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Cold, d*mn cold, with lots of show predicted here in Toledo, Ohio.
  • That ice is damn hard on the coccyx.
  • After observing the whole concept of having a girlfriend or going steady with anyone I have realized that this is quite pointless. Why not just be close friends with someone of the opposite sex, do all the regular things that couples do, but then at the end of the day not feel compelled to have to call her or treat her any more special then any of your buddies of the same sex? Thearby you wouldn't be taking her away from anyone else and provoking the image that she can only be yours and isn't allowd to spend any "special" time with anyone else.

Of course, marriage is a different subject and I do believe two people in that situation are making a commitment of true love that also has many other benefits that don't only extend in a relationship since.

You see, what I'm trying to say is that having an official relationship with anyone outside of marriage is quite pointless and honestly a little selfish. However, if your in a relationship and it's going well I don't mean to tell you that you should go break up with her/him I'm just saying that this is the way I think. Anyone who even listens to my advice is honestly a lunatic anyways.

-Josh M. Holloway
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    jos2thehua wrote:
    After observing the whole concept of having a girlfriend or going steady with anyone I have realized that this is quite pointless. Why not just be close friends with someone of the opposite sex, do all the regular things that couples do, but then at the end of the day not feel compelled to have to call her or treat her any more special then any of your buddies of the same sex? Thearby you wouldn't be taking her away from anyone else and provoking the image that she can only be yours and isn't allowd to spend any "special" time with anyone else.

Of course, marriage is a different subject and I do believe two people in that situation are making a commitment of true love that also has many other benefits that don't only extend in a relationship since.

You see, what I'm trying to say is that having an official relationship with anyone outside of marriage is quite pointless and honestly a little selfish. However, if your in a relationship and it's going well I don't mean to tell you that you should go break up with her/him I'm just saying that this is the way I think. Anyone who even listens to my advice is honestly a lunatic anyways.

-Josh M. Holloway

It has been my experience that women demand a lot more out of a relationship than men do. So your theory probably won't work to well. :wink:
  • Porgy
    The profound thread is that a way people --->

Move along... :x
  • Someone just defined 'f***buddy'
    Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak.
    And then you put in the milk.
  • passout
    Not exactly romantic is it?
  • Porgy
    passout wrote:
    Not exactly romantic is it?

nor mundane.
  • -spider-
    Snowplough came round today.

-Spider-
  • -spider-
    But no hope of a BBQ today!

IMG_1314.jpg

-Spider-
  • tomsdad
    tomsdad Posts: 221
    Ponds frozen fish can't get out for a cycle.Don't know what they are going to do for exercise.
    They should of asked for a turbo trainer for xmas.
    That'll learn 'em
  • I've bought Miles Davis' Kind of Blue 3 times. I've still no idea where they all went.
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    ..winter is dragging on a bit...
  • itchy 'nads
  • Porgy
    you should have scratched them before posting about it.
  • tomsdad
    tomsdad Posts: 221
    it wouldn't be mundane then
    If you want serious look at workshop there is a poll about what colour tape to use