The Cull - Route Help

asprilla
asprilla Posts: 8,440
edited November 2009 in Commuting chat
Afternoon,

As the cull starts on Monday there will probably be evenings I want to get from oneside of RP to the other when the ped gates are closed (Putney to Kingston). Has anyone got any ideas for alternatives given that my total journey is Walton on Thames to Tower Hill?

Thanks.
Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
Sun - Cervelo R3
Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX

Comments

• I take it you don't want to ride up the A3 then over Kingston Hill?! I'd just do the obvious... go Upper Richmond Rd through North Sheen > Left at lights Queen's Rd (or just carry on to Richmond if you can't be bothered) > Petersham > Ham > Kingston....

Long way round but probably best option imo
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    I would be tempted to go straight through Richmond and on to Petersham, avoiding the Queen's Road hill which often has a long line of parked cars on the left and multiple pinch points from the traffic islands.
  • asprilla
    Having cycled don Queens Road last night, you weren't kidding about pinch points and parked cars were you?

Petersham it is tonight.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3
  • depending how close you are to walton bridge could just punch along sheen road though richmond then twick-Hampton hill and take the lower sunbury rd to walton bridge, save having to mess with kingston one way system.
  • Gussio
    Gussio Posts: 2,452
    Asprilla wrote:
    Having cycled don Queens Road last night, you weren't kidding about pinch points and parked cars were you?

Petersham it is tonight.

It is a horrible road, poorly lit with pinch points, potholes and speed bumps. Best avoided :D
  • asprilla
    For that bit I come down Lower Ham Road, then Skerne Road, across the front ot John Lewis and straight over Kingston Bridge; that bit is actually really easy.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Sun - Cervelo R3