New blood doping technique

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Fascinating

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... l?&safe=on

Once again it shows how far ahead the doctors are.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    It does?

Ahead of who?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:
    It does?

Ahead of who?

the people trying to catch them.

I should've said "doping doctors"
  • DaveyL
    Is that because Bodry hasn't come out and said a test is about to be unveiled?
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    DaveyL wrote:
    Is that because Bodry hasn't come out and said a test is about to be unveiled?

Touche.
  • DaveyL
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_ther ... _ozonation

"The impact on blood chemistry and biological function of blood ozonation treatments like autohemotherapy (03-AHT) has been investigated in a number of studies. 03-AHT is a procedure that has been practiced for over 50 years by European physicians.[37] It involves withdrawing up to 200ml of venous blood, then immediately mixing it with therapeutic concentrations of soluble ozone gas and a minimal amount of anticoagulant, usually heparin, then re-infused, usually into the basilic vein at the elbow."

Cutting edge.... :D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • iainf72
    Must have a test for it then, surely?
  • The dark forces of evil are always more powerful..... :cry: :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • DaveyL
    Dunno - it's not clear what actually goes on. Should be easy to test for ozone, but not sure about quantifying it, or how long it hangs around for in the blood, given it's a gas. It will cause some oxidative damage which may produce new compounds in the blood, or increase levels of existing by-products of oxidative stress, so they could be measured as well.

I certainly wouldn't want to partake in it unless the doctor *really* knew what they were doing, and after reading a bit about Sinky's Freiburg tales, I shudder to think what goes on sometimes.

Would like to see some data about what sort of performance gains you get, and how long that effect lasts for.
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • DaveyL
    The dark forces of evil are always more powerful..... :cry: :P

Yep, but to quote a poster from the Guardian football boards, without the Galactic Empire, we don't get no Star Wars...
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    iainf72 wrote:

These two parts of the article are a bit :shock:
    The investigation began when the father of former Gerolsteiner rider Andrea Moletta was stopped by police during the 2008 Giro and caught with a syringe of hormone Lutelef hidden in a tube of toothpaste.
    Police planted video cameras in Lazzeri's studio and listen in on his telephone conversations. They discovered how he regularly treated a 15 year-old female swimmer in front of her father and managed to film him doing it.

Who helps their children dope? :?
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,871
    ozone is poisonous?
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • DaveyL
    "All things are poison and nothing is without poison, only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

:D
    Le Blaireau (1)
  • micron
    micron Posts: 1,843
    I'm sure there's many a competitive parent who would do or allow anything for their child to get an edge - look at Genevieve Jeanson's father
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    micron wrote:
    I'm sure there's many a competitive parent who would do or allow anything for their child to get an edge - look at Genevieve Jeanson's father

:lol:

I can just imagine 2 competitive parents standing at the gate of the private school they send their children to, trying to outdo each other on which exclusive doctor they pay to dope up their darling sprog