Orange 5, SC Nomad or Intense Tracer?

2fast4me
2fast4me Posts: 5
edited November 2009 in MTB buying advice
Hi.
I´m going to buy a new frame and would very much appreciate advise from fellow riders. Today I have a totally upgraded Orange patriot 2002, which I love but it is on the heave side and pedal efficiency could be better. Most of my riding is trail riding but I want the bike to be able to tackle descends well. I sometimes go to the alps as well. Is it possible that the new VPP system on the nomad and Tracer makes them as pedal friendly as the Five even though travel is 20 mm more? All frame weights are almost identical. Very thankfull for your opinion.

Comments

• meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    I'd probably try and demo a 5-Spot in with that group as well... I've got one of the older HL versions and love it - apparently the DW version is even better.
  • jools182
    jools182 Posts: 216
    The nomad is a top bike, but I think if you are bothered about the weight of the patriot you would be better with the Orange 5 or a SC Heckler
  • Thank you for the imput. In the end I went for an Orange Five. I thínk it´s the most suitable bike for the trails I ride most of the times. Can´t wait til I get my hands on It. :D