• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    cove hustler
    kona dawg
    boardman comp
    decathalon????
  • flamedude
    flamedude Posts: 119
    Haha, I just might be a bit upset if it turns out Santa Cruz have the same frames as Apollo bikes....

The horror......
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    "But back to the OP...

They ain't all the same."

Thats you told !
    [/quote]
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    lawman wrote:
    cove hustler
    kona dawg
    boardman comp
    decathalon????[/quote

Close enough, last one was a voodoo.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    that makes me feel rather geeky that knew that :lol:
  • I like that challenge, let's have some more.
  • Jeast
    Jeast Posts: 176
    Bike 1 - Marin Mount Vision

Bike 2 - Whyte E-120

:)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Ok, this thread gave me a bit of an Idea for a bit of a Friday afternoon game, with a bit photoshop in my lunchbreak, can any of you bike geeks out there identify the following four similar looking bike with decals and colours removed??

BIKE 1
    BIKE1.jpg

BIKE 2
    BIKE2.jpg

BIKE 3
    BIKE3.jpg

BIKE 4
    BIKE4.jpg

great challenge

can we have more please?
  • Anonymous
    Easy, mount vision, Whyte 120. Although that's not really fair, as they are both John Whyte bikes. Whyte is comissioned by Marin.
    BIKE 1

14wdgg0.jpg

BIKE 2

15vksy.jpg
  • I know they share DNA, that's why it was easy for me to pick those bikes
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Will do more next week, perhaps hardtails to make it a bit more challenging.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Anonymous
    somebdy should set the bars up straight on that Whyte. They're rotated a little to the left.
  • P-Jay wrote:
    Anyone what type of system I have on my Cove Shocker?? I think it's blackmagic, but it's probaby a DW Link.

Something that heavy, and that soft shouldn't pedal that well out of bends, it's day and night better than the FSR rear I had on my A-Line, it felt like I had 14ft of lack chain on that, it would jerk and buck over high speed impacts and bottom out on big stuff whatever spring rate or rebound setting I used.

Having a look at pictures on the internet, it looks sort of similar to the system that Banshee uses VF4B or something, or...I did read something on their website about how for bigger hitting bikes they use a "Turner Style system" so it could be that as well. :wink:
    92% of teenagers have turned to rap. If your one of the 8% that still listens to real music put this in your sig

Walk (Ride) softly and carry a big fish

Yay, 100 hundred posts :-)
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Turner style could mean owt lol - the 5 spot has had the FSR, then seatstay pivot (made no difference apparently - so why they paid for the FSR license I will never know), now the DW link.