Altura Night Vision gloves - any better options?

Caligari_uk
Caligari_uk Posts: 186
edited October 2009 in Road buying advice
Hi guys - I've been searching around on this forum and reading as many reviews as possible, and the Altura Night Vision gloves seemed to be the best option for a decent pair of winter gloves.

I received them from Wiggle yesterday - and they look a feel great - BUT there seems to be a gap of about a centimetre at the end of the finger tips. This seems a little strange as the separate inner gloves fits perfectly.

I used the 'size' guide before ordering. I'm apparently a 'large' - but I think going down to a 'medium' would mean that they're quite a tight fit.

Are winter gloves meant to be this 'roomy' - and are there any better options?

Sorry if this is a topic that has already cropped up a few times over the last weeks - but the search function on this forum really is pretty terrible.

Comments

• FOAD
    FOAD Posts: 318
    I would say you don't really want tight gloves, you defo need a bit of room. Are the fingers still a cm long when you are gripping the bars? If so I think they are too big, but that is defo better than too small.

Personally I don't think the Altura NV gloves are that great, but if you have read that plenty of others think they are then I am in the minority.

Do you really need the reflective aspect of the gloves? If not I can whole heartedly recommend the Pro Ultimate Winter Glove and the water proof ones above them as well, but if you have already done your research then you just need to make sure the size is right.