I have conti vertical 2.3 tyres on my new bike, any goood?

Darra8
Darra8 Posts: 721
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I have conti vertical tyres on my genesis bike, are they any good, as I have not heard of them before?
40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Old, but good. for some.

I ran the Protection version for many years. They have big volume, roll fast, wear well but cab be caught out in wet slippy conditions.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Great tyres. The only problem I found with them was that they tended to get ripped to shreds on things like slate, or flint.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I think in rocky, dry and loose gravelly stuff they are awesome.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Great tyres. The only problem I found with them was that they tended to get ripped to shreds on things like slate, or flint.

I found that, tried the verticals, didnt like them, tried mountain kings, the bollox on the trails but I found they split easy as said above.

Im on maxxis ignitors now, the mutts for what I do, roll pretty well too.

Wont go back to conti's
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • meesterbond
    meesterbond Posts: 1,240
    I've used them for years... partly because they seem perfectly adequate for everything I ride on and partly because frankly I'm too lazy to change them.
  • Darra8
    Darra8 Posts: 721
    supersonic wrote:
    Old, but good. for some.

Old, but good. I tell the Wife that all the time :lol:
    40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!
  • I rate them highly! They are a little on the weak side though.

When they break away they still feel controled if you get me drift (no pun intended!)
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • ads4
    ads4 Posts: 698
    I ran them for a while and thought they were great, though I now have High Rollers which i prefer tbh.

Verticals can be had in the black chilli compound now though.
    Adam.

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Current ride - Yeti ASR 5a X0
  • I reckon they are a very good allround weather tyre...works well in all conditions with dependable grip...unless you try some right weird moves then it can at times go a bit pear-shaped, but the tyres give very good performance in all conditions and brake well - or so I've found.
    The Quest for Singletrack is Endless...
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    Have been using them on the front of my bike for a while and can't fault them, the Conti Explorers (26x2.1) on the back wore very quickly but the Verical seems fine still.

Had to remove them last week as I needed rubber with more volume for my rigid front end (pun intended :P )