New brakes, Shimano XT m775

OH NO Dan
OH NO Dan Posts: 186
edited October 2009 in MTB buying advice
Evening all. Im after new brakes as the things on mine arent really up to much (Giant root mph)

Having a look at these http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=23049

My forks are rock shox tora 302 air 100m that came on my 2009 giant xtc. Just to comfirm I will need IS mount on front and rear?

Anyone had any experience with these brakes?

Comments

• canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    I got them and love them, they will stop a tank.

Took a while to bed in though.

So dont be dissapointed with them at first as I was, now they are bed in love it
  • OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    ok nice one mate. Might be a silly question but will i get a rotors with them as well? :oops:
  • canada16
    canada16 Posts: 2,360
    From the looks of it no.

I bought XTR rotors as they were only a few quid more than XT and they are lighter.

I only got brakes with mine. about 35.00 for the rotors.
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    I have 2 sets of Shimano XT brakes, i think they're great. These are the only hydraulic brakes I've tried so can't comment against others.

both mine took a while to bed in (2nd one is still bedding in) but once they did they were awesome. You can adjust lever reach and bite point and they have loads of modulation.

If the new brakes have the same size rotors you could prob get away with using the current rotors. disc brakes rotors are often cross compatible.
  • pte1643
    pte1643 Posts: 518
    Got them too.

Agree that they are superb, and take a little while to bed in properly, so allow for this.

Used my existing rotors.