pitch?

little wiser
little wiser Posts: 662
edited November 2009 in MTB general
hi i own a hardtail which i love malt4 with upgrades (lots just dont tell missus), any way been thinking off getting a full suspension for a while and been offered a pitch with xt crank x9 rear mech, hope brakes, headset, etc etc for what i think is good price whats your thoughts on this bike i was going to save up and get a fuel ex8 in the future but this may be a cheap (ish) way off trying full suspension what you all think?

Comments

• SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    Hi mate

see here http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... ight=pitch

There was a recent thread ref the pitch. Its meant to be a corker of a bike(if you can find one) I am sure the pitch fan club will be along shortly
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I don't have one, have never ridden one, but appreciate good design. This bike is a master stroke from Spesh as combines long travel, strength and performance at a good weight and price. Don't like the spokes, but you can't have it all hehe.

It is a different bike to the Fuel though, which is not as slack angled nor meant to be ridden as hard. It depends what you want from the bike.
  • i hope they will, iv been reading reveiws for hours and other things i can find seems like a awesome bike dont have the money but cross that tommorow when i see it again!
  • cheers supersonic i will try to give you a bit more info.
    The bike is secondhand been well looked after with a lot off changes over standard (spokes one of them along with hope hubs),
    i rode the bike briefly and it felt good on my last time at marin trail i was on my malt4.
    Anyway i ride trail centres mostly and love my merlin but all day rides i think pitch would be better?
    I would keep the merlin to race on (xc races),and the pitch for all day rides.
    Cannot decide weather i need another bike but been thinking full suss for a bit and love the trek im not a big hitter and not into mad downhill but think i would be a lot quicker on the pitch?.
    Hope this helps you lot help me, gotta see bike tommorow and give him answer (and he will hold it for me!).
    All this and i cannot ride for another 4 weeks due to broken collarbone :oops:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    If you hav tested it, like it and is in good condition - I'd buy it!
  • ha ha i tested it uphill and short bit off flat that was it didnt want to damage his pride and joy :shock:
  • I've had my pitch about 6 months now and can't really fault it. Trail, dirt, xc, light downhill, it chews it all up! Extremely confidence inspiring ride.
  • Got it, sitting just looking at it im in love few little niggles see workshop if you can help?,just need a saddle brown or black charge?
  • I've got a brown charge saddle on a different bike, and the specialized one that came with my pitch is WAY more comfortable!