Dartmoor Classic 2010

Registration is now available,so who will be joining me on the 27th June?

Comments

• yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    Yep I'm in. Expect about another 40 Yogi's this year.
  • Me too.
    My first sportive.
  • Me as well, sent my application off already - did it last year (my first sportive) and really enjoyed it!
  • wasp
    wasp Posts: 2
    I'm going to do the 65 m (100k) as this is my first. I did a recce in the car last week - there are a few long serious hills so I 've had to increase my hill training. I'm both excited and apprehensive. Also hoping the weather will be kind as any bad wind or rain over the moors :? will make it very hard work.

See you there.

Lee (Plymouth)
    javascript:emoticon(':?')
  • yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    Hi Lee

Plenty of time to get used to those hills. If you're interested we have an Introductory Road Ride on the 1st Saturday of each month. Failing that there is always our regular Saturday Ride which is currently up to about 60 miles but there are always cut-off points for those wanting a shorter distance.

We've prepared complete novices for this event previously, most go on to do the full 100 miles. I've done all 3 editions now; 1st year in the downpour, 2nd year in the heatwave and last year in the cooler conditions.

Plenty of pictures from last year here http://yogi.terapad.com/index.cfm?fa=co ... ryId=12055 and you can check our rides on the link below. Best to try a Saturday ride if you are thinking of coming along - everyone welcome.

Best of luck with your training
  • wasp
    wasp Posts: 2
    Thanks Yogi,

I cycle a lot on my own and occasionally do a 40-50mile ride with a friend. I may well join you on a saturday soon though.

regards,

Lee
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Good luck to those who enter from an MDCC member. Course is roughly the same as last year. Best food stations with a free for all on the energy gels and food when you get there. Looks to be good this year.

Would have been nice to meet some of you, but me and another MDCC member are doing the 3 day London to Paris event.

However do look out for some encouraging signs on the floor!
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    If you are west country based and have missed the boat for this event then on the same weekend there is a free event which is usually a lot of fun

It is the "Exmouth Exodus" 100 miles at night from Bristol to Exmouth

http://www.exmouthexodus.co.uk
  • ExeterSimon
    ExeterSimon Posts: 830
    There's also the Force Century Cycle Challenge on the same date:

55 or 100 miles. Exeter - up over Exmoor - Exeter.

I'm told it's a good day out!

http://www.forcecancercharity.co.uk/centurycyclechallenge/
    Whyte 905 (2009)
    Trek 1.5 (2009)
    Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp (2007)
  • The Force Century will be my first ride of this type - I had also booked the Dartmoor Classic 65mile ride, but have decided to do the cancer ride - so the Dartmoor Classic place is up for grabs if anyone missed the boat - contact me if you're interested.......
    Mandy
  • I did the 55mile Force ride last year and I am doing the 100km Dartmoor classic this year...can't wait!

The Force ride is excellent- good food stations and support although signage could be better...looking at the website it looks as if this is something they are going to improve.

Good luck to everyone whichever ride you are doing!