Days written off due to hangovers

dg74
dg74 Posts: 656
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
Not good. So angry with myself. :x :x :x

Comments

• Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    Could be worse, try getting alcohol poisoning like I did many years ago. It took me 3 months before I could physically stomach a beer.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I passed out, mates dragged me back to my room and coloured me in with magic marker. Spent th next day sitting in the bath, scrubbing with some wrie wool and Vim to get it all off. I was also throwing up in the bath at the same time. Didn't drink for 2 days after that :wink:
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    A whole 2 days haha,i find jumping on the bike and going for a spin helps loads,well once you get passed the increased sweating and lack of leg power that is.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    1. Berocca disolved in half pint of water
    2. 2 X Banana
    3. Two hours sleep.

Self-fiddlage may be indulged in between steps two and three depending on headache. If none of the above appeal, yeah, you've really overdone it...
  • trekhead
    trekhead Posts: 626
    I`ve written the 80`s off
    ole ginger b*ll*cks / the ginger ninja
  • Only ever taken 1 sick day due to alcohol - 5 years ago my 2 sons (then 16 and 18) took me out for fathers day. We started with a lunch and pints at the Mariners Arms, moving on to the Berkeley Arms at teatime..... I got home about 11 o'clock - the Mrs V called in sick for me the next morning as I couldn't get the head off the pillow until gone 11 o'clock....very not good...
  • pepelepew
    pepelepew Posts: 180
    trekhead wrote:

Come on, the clothes and hair weren't that bad.
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Do you know what, Jack? You're full of sh!t.
    Det. Insp. Jack Regan: I thought it was about time you made an intellectual contribution to this debate.
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Boll@cks.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    I'm suffering right now. Went to see ZZ Top 8) last night with my son. Drinking before,during and after. Curry, the works.
    Got picked up to be driven to work and felt sick. Decided to walk the last mile but as soon as the car had left me and I'd walked about 10 feet, thought I was going to sh1te myself and you can't walk fast while clenching your arse cheeks together!!

I've had better days!!
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Anonymous
    I drank lots of ribena early in the morning after getting mangled. i hen nipped out to Somerfield for some nurofen, got to the till to pay and promptly spewed everywhere. The girl on the till panicked 'cos it looked like i was throwing up blood and I did look like deaths doormat. Also I was wearing docs, ripped jeans and a Butthole Surfers T shirt which completed the "stay away from the weirdo look" i seem to have cultivated. :wink:
  • skinson
    skinson Posts: 362
    Best cure for a hangover? DONT DRINK TO MUCH the night before? Simple really. Are we not grown ups? do we not know when to say enough? I have no sympathy at all, and if you worked for me and took a day off because of it, it would be the last day you worked!!1
    dave
  • Anonymous
    skinson wrote:
    Best cure for a hangover? DONT DRINK TO MUCH the night before? Simple really. Are we not grown ups? do we not know when to say enough? I have no sympathy at all, and if you worked for me and took a day off because of it, it would be the last day you worked!!1
    dave

Don't spell properly either, or he'll get you. :wink:
  • STEFANOS4784
    STEFANOS4784 Posts: 4,109
    Best cure for a hangover? Never stop drinking 8) Live fast die young :wink:
  • today was abit of a write off. The irony is the hangover was caused by a social with my uni cycling team last night...
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    pepelepew wrote:
    trekhead wrote:

Yes they were.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • pepelepew wrote:
    trekhead wrote:

Yes they were.

+1

I still can't face Newcastle Brown many years after an awful hangover. called in sick from the shed at work that day after wobbling and retching my way in.

Lucozade sport to start and finish the night softens the blow for me and riding usually helps ease the little men with the pneumatic drills off my forehead.
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239
    skinson wrote:
    dave

If you don't mind me saying so you sound just a little bit miserable. Go out and get yourself a beer or two :wink:
  • today was abit of a write off. The irony is the hangover was caused by a social with my uni cycling team last night...

Is that a cycling team from university or a team of uni-cyclists? :shock:
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    lol at Aggieboy at least you got to see ZZ,gotta be worth it.
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    Yesterday morning was a bit of a fug having spent the night before in a hotel which boasts over 400 bottles of malt whisky.

The most expensive nip was £160 :shock: ; which one astonishing kn*bhe*d actually ordered! I put together a promising little session for my colleague and I by buying the cheapest dram of each bottling of a mixed range of what I knew to be excellent malts. We still managed to spend £70 but that was for two and we worked our way round each whisky region and back again for our money.

The hangover was worth it and I was present and (nearly) correct at breakfast at half seven.
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • dg74 wrote:
    Not good. So angry with myself. :x :x :x

Proud of you, just keep it up!! 8) A friend swears he get's his best trial results hungover :D
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • trekhead wrote:

Me too. I only saw Sunday morning from the wrong end ... usually got up about 2 or 3pm, feeling like poo.

I first got really pissed at 16 ... kept up the good work until I was 41 ... breaking a second bone through a drink related accident. It really isn't big or clever.

Getting married slowed me down. Having kids slowed me down even more. Cycling and caring about fitness seems to have finally cured me: every hour spent hung over is an hour I could be out on my bike.

I still like one or two pints, but that's it.
    I should get out more (on the bike)
  • spent most of today hanging out my arse. uni surf club night out. got bad when i downed a pint and someone gave me a bear hug, nearly spewed in the middle of the club. somehow cut my foot open. cured by 3pm today after two lectures.
    Your'e never alone with schizophrenia.
  • Drink has it's place and it's place is moderation. Most of us cyclists don't drink lik fish but have a bettr balance than most.

Oh god, I'm sounding all responsible. :shock:

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • A friend swears he get's his best trial results hungover :D

High Court Judge?
  • Always sober as a priest on Sunday...... :wink:

• Drink has it's place and it's place is moderation. Most of us cyclists don't drink lik fish but have a bettr balance than most.

Oh god, I'm sounding all responsible. :shock:

Speak for yourself, but some of my best/worst hangovers have been cycling related. Trips to the Tour de France with groups of Australians keeping the hotel bar open all night, raucaus Friday and Saturday nights at the Ghent Six-day. Then there was a particularly memorable ascent of Mont Ventoux the day after somone's birthday bash in Avignon (fuelled by €1 a bottle farmhouse wine). People were throwing up on the roadside and we hadn't even reached Bedoin, let alone the steep bit later.
  • skinson wrote:
    dave

"The last day I worked"? what you mean ever? you can do that? you can stop me from ever working........? Are you the CEO of all work? Boss of the world?

Or are you planning to murder me for having a hangover? Are you a mafia Don?

Cheer up you miserable git! I bet you have had at least one duvet day in your life.......perhaps staying at home with a bottle of lime cordial and a box set of one foot in the grave?

Some people???!?!

:roll: