Who WOULDN"T sign on???

2»

Comments

• top_bhoy
    top_bhoy Posts: 1,424
    Living out of a suitcase in hotels (irrespective of standard) and working long hours - there would need to be some benefits in doing all of that and I can't quite see any upsides except to make a mint out of blackmailing teams who you see taking PEDs. :lol:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Working in a bullying culture is horrendous irrespective of the industrial sector. I've seen it just pull people apart.

So no.

Strava is not Zen.
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    I think you would have to join the dark side as the hours are a nightmare. I think it was in Willy Voet's book where the Team used to use Belgium Mix so they could work for a day, get in a car and drive across Europe to then start work again at another race. I think sleep is not part of the lifestyle.
    I hate repairing my bike so being a team mechanic is about as bad as it gets for me.
    I always seem to end up getting my knuckles involved with my Chainring and the spanner ends up flying across the garage. Never a good thing. That's why my bike looks like a pile of sh@t.
    -Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    jerry3571 wrote:
    I think you would have to join the dark side as the hours are a nightmare. I think it was in Willy Voet's book where the Team used to use Belgium Mix so they could work for a day, get in a car and drive across Europe to then start work again at another race. I think sleep is not part of the lifestyle.
    I hate repairing my bike so being a team mechanic is about as bad as it gets for me.
    I always seem to end up getting my knuckles involved with my Chainring and the spanner ends up flying across the garage. Never a good thing. That's why my bike looks like a pile of sh@t.
    -Jerry

Yes... whether to take the job or not depends on how much "Pot Belge" is on offer (or more likely needed)
    www.dotcycling.com
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    I did a weeks work on the PruTour - that was a laugh, but it would grind you down.
    Weeks away from family and friends ? Couldnt pay me enough.

Not sure of the Shack - didnt Lance pretty much leave a lot of people in the lurch when he walked away from pro cycling - surely he could have found another sponsor - but he didnt want to do it and a lot of people had to look after themselves ?

I'd think twice about working for him to be honest.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    jerry3571 wrote:
    -Jerry
    Been said earlier,please follow the thread
    so many cols,so little time!
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Sorry Darling! I must stop and read every word and every comment that has been put on every thread in which I have contributed. I MUST TRY HARDER!!!
    I do SO apologise! :cry:
    -Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • jerry3571 wrote:
    -Jerry
    Been said earlier,please follow the thread

dontcha just love the internet?

I was up on teh Petit St. Bernard early on the Tour this year and saw a van full of youngish types from Garmin looking bored out of their minds and knackered to boot, driving their team van behind some VIPs who were grinding up the climb before having to applaud their efforts and feed them.

sh!t job.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Yeah but why The Shack, you can ask this questioon about any team, even like, Fuji Servetto.

Same drugs policy ;) ..........

fuji-servetto

WGAS

Can I ask what WGAS means?

I think I would hate it- seeing all my heroes in the raw, so to speak.

On the other hand.............the opportunity to poison a couple of riders would be overwhelming. Deep heat on the chamois, laxatives in their bottles, oh the list goes on. I would have a lot of fun on the first day, and then I would be fired.

I do give a good injection though.
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    calvjones wrote:
    Working in a bullying culture is horrendous irrespective of the industrial sector. I've seen it just pull people apart.

So no.

Completely irrelevant to the point in question.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Why not watch a few of the cycling movie/documentaries?

I've watched a few, the latest was "Overcoming" about Bjarne Riis teams 2004 TdF. Doesn't look as glamorous as you'd think.
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4