RPCC Ride - Sat 31st / Sun 1st

Rich-Ti
Rich-Ti Posts: 1,831
And so to the last weekend in October... Blimey :shock:

Could be a low turn-out again this weekend I'm afraid - a few of the boys are off getting muddy on Saturday whilst myself and Berns12 will be frantically lapping Hillingdon in a vain attempt to become London Dynamo club champ (or at least have a good stab at the 4th Cat crown!). Then on Sat night we're off to the Rollapaluza 'Muddy Hell' at Hog Hill, although purely in viewing & support (read: beer drinking) roles you understand... (yes, I am on the entry list but I'm not sure why as I never paid my fee!) which could put paid to any riding being done at anything approaching 'early' on Sunday! Feel free to come along and do the same if you're free by the way!

Shout if you're still up for heading out though - I'm sure there are a few of you who will want to so make it known...

So, for those of you coming to join us, usual meet & ride plan:
    :arrow: 9am start on Saturday is most likely,
although keep an eye out as different start times seem to be happening now and Sunday might be favoured by some
:arrow: Richmond Gate in Richmond Park, south side (on the left as you come up Sawyer's Hill / on the right if you come through Richmond Gate), by the little white building
:arrow: 80-120k @ 24-28kph / 50-75 miles @ 15-18mph usually, but nobody gets dropped (unless a 'hoonfest' is on the cards - see note * below) :arrow: Boxhill is almost definite (as is a short tea / cake / toilet / bottle refill stop at the top - usually around 15-30mins)
I say it every week, but it remains true so I won't stop: As ever we'd like to emphasise that new faces are more than welcome and actively encouraged, and that applies to lurkers / long-time 'thread watchers' / any who haven't been able to make it along previously / those who don't want to commit on here but might feel like turning up on the day - please do join us if you want to! 8)

It would also be good to see some of the faces we have seen over the past months re-appear too - not sure where they've all gone or if they've stopped watching these threads due to the emergence of the hoonfest, but hopefully some of you might venture out again this weekend, if not sometime soon...? :?

A collection point at Hampton Court can be arranged as that tends to be the route out. Please let us know if you need to take this option - it's usually just a fly-by quick hello and on the move again so if you plan to use this option we need to know, and please be on time (although there can sometimes be delays getting moving at Richmond Park so there is the potential for us to be a little late coming through). Collection time there is likely to be around 20-30mins after the agreed RP start time so again, keep an eye out.

So, who is about this weekend? :shock: 8) :

Comments

• Berns12
    Berns12 Posts: 198
    Aye as Rich noted I will be at Hillingon Saturday trying not to be lantern rouge in 4th Cat. My tactic is to follow that of my compatriot, to hang back and then storm to victory in the chaos of the last lap ( http://tinyurl.com/yf9nj3u). Either that or I will pull a Sally Robbins.

I will be in the beer tent with the rest of the RPCC oldies at Rollapullaza.

Looks like this is another weekend with the RPCC regulars/founders MIA. However good to see others keeping the RPCC name going.
  • morph
    morph Posts: 63
    I'm up for a middle distance/middle speed ride on Saturday, otherwise I'll do laps (if the dynamos are doing them?)

Sunday I'm not sure, will be out drinking Sat evening and have family commitments during the day so might just go out for a short ride in the morning with the missus.
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    I fancy a long one on Saturday so will probably head up to the Chilterns instead.

What happened to the CCC ride? I was really looking forward to another one of those before winter really kicked in.
  • Rich-Ti
    tyskie wrote:
    What happened to the CCC ride? I was really looking forward to another one of those before winter really kicked in.
    Poor organisation as much as anything Steve! I'm up for it again, and I reckon Myk-ee and RegGreenBaron would be too - it's just a case of getting a date sorted... :?

We still haven't got around to sorting our 'falling leaves' ride yet! :roll: :lol:
  • Myk-ee
    Myk-ee Posts: 276
    I'm keen for a sunday run somewhere.

Not sure where/when/how but thought i'd throw my hat in.
    It's the vibe of the thing.
  • Rich-Ti
    TAKE NOTE FOLKS!! But let's keep discussion for it over on that thread eh?! :wink:
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    oh hang on - getting confused with dates (see other thread). I'm up for a ride this Saturday, as my regular Sunday ride be happening due to a big night on Sat...
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Muddy fun then muddy hell for me this Saturday and club run Sunday most likely.
    Is a CCC viable now that the sun sets three hours before it rises?
  • FHKJ
    FHKJ Posts: 151
    Not been here long, but with my cycling mates away in Vietnam, I'm looking for a ride Sat/Sunday, depending on which day I'm going to get less wet!
  • patchy
    patchy Posts: 779
    not just for this ride, but for future info: apparently the entire Overground line from Stratford to Richmond will be closed from Christmas to next Easter...

deets (it's buried on page two)

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/documents/ ... tsheet.pdf
    point your handlebars towards the heavens and sweat like you're in hell
  • morph
    If you believe the weather reports Saturday is going to be much dryer than Sunday.
    Saturday is the day for me if I'm going to do it anyway.

Any of the people for Sat interested in a medium pace medium distance? Or are you all after a faster ride?
  • Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Can't make either Sat or Sun. Have a good ride though folks.
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    patchy wrote:
    not just for this ride, but for future info: apparently the entire Overground line from Stratford to Richmond will be closed from Christmas to next Easter...

deets (it's buried on page two)

http://www.networkrail.co.uk/documents/ ... tsheet.pdf

:shock: That is NOT good news for me :roll:
  • FHKJ
    FHKJ Posts: 151
    Define medium pace and medium distance? Sounds ideal for me, if your medium and my medium correlate!
  • morph
    I think it was about 60 miles at around 16mph. But you'd be better of asking one of the lot that know the route better - I'm still dependant on having someone to follow!
  • morph
    So are there going to be any people there at 9 on Saturday happy to do a mediumish pace that know the route?

Otherwise I'll do the dynamos laps.

Cheers,

Alistair