PACE RC 506 updated.

scale20
scale20 Posts: 1,300
edited May 2010 in Your mountain bikes
I have been waiting for USE to come up with the goods in the form of a red seatpost before I posted updated pics but after 3 months they still didnt come up with one, well they did but managed to send the wrong size so I canned the idea and went for a Joplin. I have also added a white saddle since my last lot of pics.

Heres some pics, welcome any comments good or bad :lol::lol:

2009_10270013.jpg

2009_10270001.jpg

2009_10270012.jpg

2009_10270010.jpg

2009_10270007.jpg

2009_10270003.jpg

2009_10270005.jpg

2009_10270008.jpg

Frame: PACE RC 506
Forks: DT Swiss ECX 150
Bars: Easton Monkey lite XC carbon
Stem: HOPE 90mm
Headset: FSA
Grips: Lizard skin Peaty in white
Bar Ends:

Front Brake Lever assy: HOPE mono mini
Front Caliper: HOPE M4
Front disc: HOPE 203 mm floating
Rear Brake Lever assy: HOPE mono mini
Rear Caliper: HOPE mono mini
Rear Disc: HOPE 180mm Floating
Hoses: HOPE braided

Shifters: SRAM X9
Cables: XTR
Front Mech: XT
Rear Mech: SRAM X0
Chain Device:

Seat: SDG Bell air RL
Seat Post: Joplin 4 with remote
Seat Post Clamp: HOPE

Cranks: XT
Chainring(s):
Chain: SRAM
Cassette: SRAM
Pedals: Crank Bro's Candy
Bottom Bracket: XT

Front Wheel:
Rim: Spank Oozy
Spokes: DT Swiss with red nipples
Hub: HOPE Pro 2
Tube:
Tire: Maxxis Ignitor 2.35

Back Wheel:
Rim: Spank Oozy
Spokes: DT Swiss with red nipples
Hub: HOPE Pro 2
Tube:
Tire: Maxxis Ignitor 2.1

Weight: Not known yet

Other info:
Niner Air 9 Rigid
Whyte 129S 29er.

Comments

• Oh my! :shock:

I think I may have just had a "crisis"
  • very nice
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    really like it., especially the red bits
    what are those spank oozys like?
  • scale20
    Cheers for the comments.

The oozy's are brilliant. I originaly went for the Spank subrosa's but when I went in to buy these oozy's had just come out on the market and they were lighter and slimer than the subrosa's so I went for them.

Straight away I found them stiffer than the DT 5.1's I had on and tyres go on and off with no probs. the only gripe I have is that they seem to scratch pretty easy.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • jay12
    jay12 Posts: 6,306
    scale20 wrote:
    Cheers for the comments.

The oozy's are brilliant. I originaly went for the Spank subrosa's but when I went in to buy these oozy's had just come out on the market and they were lighter and slimer than the subrosa's so I went for them.

Straight away I found them stiffer than the DT 5.1's I had on and tyres go on and off with no probs. the only gripe I have is that they seem to scratch pretty easy.
    ok cheers. i'm thinking of buying them if i break the wheels that come with the crush
  • I do love those PACE bikes,looks absolutly gorgeous with all that HOPE bling
    I assume this is French petrol - be careful in reverse - the car will retreat rapidly at the least provocation.
  • gezzza
    gezzza Posts: 324
    My eyes they hurt :shock:

either they are really bad pictures or you are colour blind.

Apart from the colours that a nice looking bike
  • scale20
    Camera's fine, It's me Im colour blind :(

I had most of the blue hope stuff and the red stem on my Ex 9 that i dismantled for this build, thought I would keep it along a Brit theme with the red white and blue. I would have done a welsh theme but struggled to get the green bits, thank god LOL :lol:

The white bits don't stay white for long on the trails!
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Nice ride man! The colours are a bit... crazy, shall we say, but you pull it off well!

Just aswell you couldn't get the green bits, ay...? :lol:
    Boo-yah mofo
    Sick to the power of rad
    Fix it 'till it's broke
  • stuart576
    stuart576 Posts: 52
    I'm looking to buy a RC506 frame myself and build up but have read some reviews stating that its BB height is quite high leadig to a perched feeling on the bike. Whats your opinion? Also what weight did your build come out as and would you recomend the frame after some time thrashing it around?

Cheers
  • scale20
    I have updated the pics now, I must have lost the links because I moved them around in Photobucket.

The BB height is high but I dont feel it gives me that perched feeling. Even with the BB height high I still get quite a few pedal strikes on the trails. The frame I have is the anodised medium. I'm 5ft 10 and its the only bike I have ridden that I can honestly say fits me to a tee. Even with a high BB there is plenty of standover room over the top tube.

I dont know what the weight is, I didnt build it with lightness in mind, I want this bike to be able to take a beating on the Snowdonia hills. I can weigh it for you over the weekend if you want a rough idea of the build weight. Although its not the lightest of XC bikes it will let you throw it around on the trails and it climbs a treat too.

If you do end up getting one theres a few things you should know. The decals on my anodised frame partialy came off after the first wash, I now have some thicker MX style decals courtesy of PACE. On wet rides or after a wash the frame will hold quite a bit of water, not the best desing for british weather! I had to go round the suspension linkage and dropout bolts and tighten them up with a drop of threadlock, I found that alough I nipped them up they tended to come loose.

Those teething problems aside I don't plan on parting with the bike, its a pleasure to ride.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.