Time Trial Routes in London

pechacheli
pechacheli Posts: 184
edited November 2009 in Amateur race
Anyone know of any good routes with little traffic and fairly flat in and around London?

Comments

• Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    Time Trials in London? Or flat training routes? What part of London are you looking at?
  • Ha ha ha ha ha oh my god your joking right!?!?!? :lol:
    There is never redemption, any fool can regret yesterday...

Be Pure! Be Vigilant! Behave!
  • Dess1e wrote:
    Time Trials in London? Or flat training routes? What part of London are you looking at?

Flat training routes in any part of London ideally. I have been going to Richmond Park for the past 3 years but wondered if there was anywhere else.
  • Ha ha ha ha ha oh my god your joking right!?!?!? :lol:

I can see why my request is funny! London is shocking indeed..
  • Dess1e
    Dess1e Posts: 239
    Without heading out of the Capital, you're really restricted to Richmond or Regent's Parks, plus Hillingdon Cycle Circuit. Maybe hook up with a local club / chaingang to and use their routes out of town etc.
  • pechacheli wrote:
    Anyone know of any good routes with little traffic and fairly flat in and around London?

I didn't realize that the best TT technique was zig zagging round cars :D
    http://twitter.com/mgalex
    www.ogmorevalleywheelers.co.uk

10TT 24:36 25TT: 57:59 50TT: 2:08:11, 100TT: 4:30:05 12hr 204.... unfinished business
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,776
    for a laugh

pound it out on the Embankment > Upper Thames street late night midweek...quick once road the gyratory at the tower and back to Westminster

try and hold the green wave through the lights (without fast moving traffic to help its hard)

or be more sane and ride out of town
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • for a real laugh, just shadow one of these guys tomorrow:

http://rapha.cmail2.com/T/ViewEmail/y/7 ... 6002735221

really now, getting pros to race like rats in a maze, what will they think of next?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Only first 30 orders?! I thought they'd make them carry 30 orders at a time to make it more interesting?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..