tough

spanspoon
spanspoon Posts: 26
this was a tough ride i went for the 64 miler as it was my first sportive, i think everyone who i spoke to said theyd signed up for the 100 but didnt feel safe enough to go for the bigger distance and opted for the shorter distance instead.

for me the roads were unsafe, it was a shame that the weather was so bad, given that there were high winds there were loads of leaves on the road. some of the descents were scary! it was tough on the brakes and difficult to get your average times up as i could only manage 10 mph on some descents but all in all in enjoyed it and wanna do it again as i know i could've gone faster.

event was well organised, i was quite happy paying 25 quid for entry as i appreciate how much organising is involved ie. timing chips, timing equipment etc. use of leisure facility, 100 miles worth of directions, liaising with 3 different councils, feeding stations etc. it probably costs more than 25 quid a head to hold events like this, they rely on sponsors and local councils to make contributions as well.