Assos Care

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
I've finally got my first set of Assos 8)

A pair of (XL) Assos Winter LL Bib Tights With S5 Pad Bib Tights and a (L) Airjack 851 Jacket (White)

NO driver cannot say they didn't see me in this thing :shock: :oops:

Now unlike the summer bibs I was disappointed to find that these do not come with the wash bag and detergent :roll:

So do you guys/gals just wash normally in a luke warm delicate machine cycle & non bio detergent or use a wash bag of some kind with the Assos detergent?

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    NWLondoner wrote:
    I've finally got my first set of Assos 8)

A pair of (XL) Assos Winter LL Bib Tights With S5 Pad Bib Tights and a (L) Airjack 851 Jacket (White)

NO driver cannot say they didn't see me in this thing :shock: :oops:

Now unlike the summer bibs I was disappointed to find that these do not come with the wash bag and detergent :roll:

So do you guys/gals just wash normally in a luke warm delicate machine cycle & non bio detergent or use a wash bag of some kind with the Assos detergent?

I don't have any Assos stuff, but if I did I wouldn't spend time, effort, or money into taking
    any kind of extra care washing them. I wash my, dare i say it, Pearl Izumi gear with everything else that needs washing and it still "works". No delicate cycle or special detergent or wash bag. If that kind of stuff can't take a regular washing, which has never happened, then I wouldn't buy it. Not criticizing Assos. Have had some in the past,
    and guess what, it survived a "regular" washing. Many, many, times. :wink:
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Throw them in the washing machine on a 30 degree wash, non bio powder and no fabric softner. Never use the washbags for anything - just make sure all zips are fastened, things are inside out and there's no velcro in there.
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos