camping in Coed-y-Brenin Cae Gwyn Farm

coxy17
coxy17 Posts: 401
edited October 2009 in MTB general
hi next weekend im going to coed y brenin and im stopping at Cae Gwyn Farm
i was just wondering if anybody on here had been there before and could tell me the lowdown on the campsite and how far it is from the visitors center at coed y brenin
thanks
http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/

Comments

• scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Never camped there but you are about 4k from the trail centre. easily ridable.
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • x-isle
    x-isle Posts: 794
    I was going to go there a while back, but only went for the day.

However, this place is supposed to fantastic.

If I'm correct, the last time I did the Tarw trail, it almost goes through the garden of this palce because the trail was diverted, but it'll probably be back as it should by now.

Let us all know what it's like as I'm defo staying next time I go.

The ride to the trail centre is simples......it's almost across the road. It's near where the old centre used to be, ,many moons ago.
    Craig Rogers
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    i stayed there a couple of months ago and it was awesome.

The trail centre is easily rodeable from the site and as mentioned, you can either go down the main rd or cut onto one of the trails.

The showers are good, there is secure bike storage and the kitchen type area is very good.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    There's also a B&B about 2 miles down the road from the visitor centre, which is meant to be nice. I'm damned if I can remember it's name, but If I was staying there in winter, that's where I'd rather be.