Flatties

Dazzza
Dazzza Posts: 2,364
edited October 2009 in MTB general
We all know what they are, i myself rather like the superstar mag/ti flats very expensive of course.

But has anyone ever made a half flattie, one that's the same just smaller in dimensions?
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
Giant Anthem X

Comments

• RealMan
    RealMan Posts: 2,166
    IMG_47302.jpg

point_one_pedals3.jpg

Like those?
  • Dazzza
    Not the thickness more the actual length/width of the flattie so take your average wellgo/dmr and half it's size, personally i reckon it would work very well and could sway spd owners.

Small light and no fea of being clipped it, provided it's grippy and comfortable enough i reckon it would be a winner.

Aah that second one is a bit closer, right width just shorten it's length.

Like i said bestt way i ca describe it is a dinky flattie, same looks etc just a good bit smaller, bit like the candy c pedals but just a bit larger overall.

Could be a winner imo.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • Dazzza
    Not quite, i meant an exact duplicate of the dmr's etc just over half the size.

I haven't seen anything like it.

Like the v12's or mg-1.
    Giant Anthem X
  • RealMan
    That's because it wouldn't have enough surface area, so it would be really uncomfortable, and not very grippy.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    what would be the point?
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    I don't get it :?
  • Dazzza
    what would be the point?

Less likelihood of snagging them, banging your shins and of course less weight.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Anonymous
    Flat pedals aren't all that prone to snapping anyway, you'd likely have more chance of banging your shin as it's easier to miss a smaller pedal, and as for weight?
    If you're concerned about losing weight off your flat pedals, you could either get some magnesium ones, orgo for a dump before you ride.
  • Dazzza
    Meant to say snagging on branches etc, bit of a spelling snafu. :oops:

Shin banging is a very big point for me, got a nice dent in mine to prove it. :cry:

As for weight your right that's a moot point.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Anonymous
    Shin banging is nothing to do with pedal size. If you're banging your shins, then you've either crashed, or you're doing something you shouldn't be doing.
    That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • Dazzza
    True but the size and those studs would probably mean more carnage when they do hit.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Anonymous
    I just don't get your idea at all.
    As far as I can see, it doesn't have a single redeeming feature.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Wellgo do some for kids.
  • Anonymous
    what, pedals with no redeeming features?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Pedals for tiny feet!
  • RealMan
    what, pedals with no redeeming features?

:lol:
  • That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.

I choked laughing there :lol: :oops:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Anonymous
    I was laughing as well, as soon as the considerable pain subsided. It was one of thoe "What the Fu**" moments :lol:
    It bloody hurt though, and it left a mark across my face and forhead for about a week, which I kept having to explain.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.

ha ha ha darwin honourable mention

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!
  • I was laughing as well, as soon as the considerable pain subsided. It was one of thoe "What the Fu**" moments :lol:
    It bloody hurt though, and it left a mark across my face and forhead for about a week, which I kept having to explain.

One step away from doing a Brian Harvey! :lol:
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • Anonymous
    what did Brian Harvey do? (is he the geezer that was in E-17?)
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    re yeehaa ; brian harvey virtually ran himself over with the car HE was driving :shock:
    dont ask how lol , muppet :lol:
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    Troubled singer Brian Harvey says he hopes to walk again as he explained how he came to be crushed under his own car in a freak accident.
    The former East 17 star is recovering at home with a metal brace holding his shattered pelvis in place.

He told GMTV doctors say he could eventually make a full recovery.

Harvey said the accident occurred when he opened his car door to be sick, only to be tossed from his seat and pulled under the wheels as the car shot back.

"I had just been stuffing my face with a load of jacket potatoes and I felt sick, so I opened my car door to be sick." the singer explained.

"Instead of putting my foot on the brake, I put it on the accelerator and it flew back. I must have hit four or five parked cars."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4130812.stm
  • Anonymous
    :lol: AWESOME!