Spesh Pitch?

didim
didim Posts: 82
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Hi
As my next bike (about a year) I want to get something like a Spesh Pitch Pro, for local routes, but also trail centre in wales like Afan, Llandegla and maybe Morzine etc etc.
So something that can take a beating on the downhills but also be used for singletrack and not be pushed uphills.

Can bthe Pitch be used for that or is there a better suited bike. Budget depends, but could get a near mint Pitch on ebay for £600-700.

Thanks

Comments

• RIKO
    RIKO Posts: 559
    I've got a Pitch Pro great bike they are a great ride on general cross country and can also be beasted downhill, I've taken mine to Afan, Morzine, Snowdon, Betws-y-coed can't give it enough praise.
  • didim
    They seem to get pretty much only great reviews :D

How heavy is yours? (RIKO)
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    I was fortunate to ride a pitch pro demo bike last year at Beics Brenin Trail centre. Found it to be just as good as the reviews said and had no problem tackling anything on it.

Would have bought one but just favoured the enduro over it in the end.
  • didim
    SPIRO wrote:
    I was fortunate to ride a pitch pro demo bike last year at Beics Brenin Trail centre. Found it to be just as good as the reviews said and had no problem tackling anything on it.

What did you prefer with the Enduro? And what was the Pike like?
  • grumsta
    grumsta Posts: 994
    Great bike unfortunately not quite as good a deal this year as it was before, especially when lost of places were selling Pitch Pros for around a grand!
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I think they'll suffer for that this year, people got too used to the ridiculous prices, this year's one still looks good if you forget that though.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • didim
    grumsta wrote:
    Great bike unfortunately not quite as good a deal this year as it was before, especially when lost of places were selling Pitch Pros for around a grand!

Yeah, there were some really good deals around but all sold out straight away.
  • didim
    Northwind wrote:
    I think they'll suffer for that this year, people got too used to the ridiculous prices, this year's one still looks good if you forget that though.

It'll be about next year this time (October) so the 2011 will be coming out so I guess they'll be good deals for 2010.

But I can really only afford second hand £600 - are there any other bikes similar to the Pitch in that price rang?
  • SPIRO
    SPIRO Posts: 200
    didim wrote:
    SPIRO wrote:

What did you prefer with the Enduro? And what was the Pike like?

Just personal preference really,I found it a little bit roomier and it fitted me better - It was very close though. If you can find a 2009 pitch, get it - think most have gone though.

Found the pikes really good, certainly coped well when i got off line on welsh trails and absorbed most of what my crap riding style could throw at them :wink:
  • Had my Pitch Pro for nearly a year now, descends beautifully and climbs really well.

Only things I've changed are the pedals to flats, ditched the big ring in favour of a bash and changed the grips and saddle. Oh and the tyres too. Can't fault it as a package.
    08 Pitch Pro
    14 Kona Unit
    Kona Kula SS
    Trailstar SS
    94 Univega Alpina 5.3
  • JamesBrckmn
    JamesBrckmn Posts: 1,360
    The 2010 one looks really good, main differences are no pedals, bash guard rather than big ring and i read on evans it weighs around 13.6kg or 30.5 lbs
  • Rich25
    Rich25 Posts: 231
    I bought my Pitch in Dec 08 (09 version). I was one of the lucky ones that got a cracking deal. £1150 for bike, free dmr v12 pedals and £115 worth of Evans vouchers.Beat that!!
    Oh and the bikes class
  • Another pitch owner here, I've got the 09 comp model. Fantasic confidence inspiring bike. I've upgraded the rear shock, pedals and tyres, will also upgrade the brakes at some point because they're just plain scary. On the whole though, cracking bike and I've never looked back.

It handles whatever I throw at it.
  • didim
    Thanks for everyone who answered. I think a pitch may be my next bike. :D