On-One 456's ?

13»

Comments

• Ok now I'm confused!

What's the difference between a 456 and an Inbred. When I look at On-ones site they talk about Inbred 456s so I thought they were one and the same until I read here that someone with an Inbred wants to buy a 456.......... :?
    Giant Anthem X3 2013
  • hoathy
    hoathy Posts: 776
    they are similar in that they share many design features and tubing, but the 456 has geometry to support longer forks, also traditionally the inbred is a single speed frame, although they do make one with 'non-sliding drop-outs' too. The 456 is technically called an inbred 456 and does say inbred on it, although i noticed the new 'coloured' ones may just say 456.
    - Kona Hot '96 - Marin Rift Zone '09 - Cannondale Synapse Carbon '06 - Kona Caldera '98 - Kona AA '94 - Dawes Kickback II - Cannondale BadBoy '11 - Genesis iOiD SS -
  • Ok thanks Hoathy a bit clearer now.
    Giant Anthem X3 2013
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    mr-frosty wrote:
    Rowlers, i ran my 456 with 100mm rebas for the first month until i replaced with 140mm Revs It handled well and was very quick. Much prefer the Revs, but if there just a stop gap until you get your long travel forks then go for it :)

Cheers for that, as long as they live happily with each other for a while I'm happy!
  • After some time awkwardly measuring my bike and post etc. I've calculated that I shall have around 35mm of seatpost showing above the minium insertion (and that's at commute height, will be put down a bit for off road). Now it's just a case of deciding what the advantages of a small frame are. :|