Marie Curie London to Paris 2010

aspock
aspock Posts: 21
edited October 2009 in Road beginners
Hi Chaps,

I hope this is in the right place. The cycling bug has bitten for a bunch of us from work and we are considering doing the above ride next year. We are all of different abilities and fitness levels and we are wondering if we have bitten off more than we can chew :D

I am currently doing about 50-60k at the weekend (usually on a sunday morning) because of family and work commitments. I am 46, and stopping smoking (again this week!!!!! - this time for good), a little overweight but not much. I was aiming to raise my training to about 100 and then bring in a second day - we will have 3 days of 100+ rides.

As this isi n May where should I be now with my training and where will I need to be?

Has anyone done this before and is it Hilly? I live in a reasonably hilly area and last weeks 50K had 500m of climbing, should i be looking to increase this?

Anyone know the exact route?

Any help is greatly appreciated

Aidan

Comments

• There are a group of people who got together on this forum who are doing this of their own backs. No money will be taken from fund-raising to pay for hotels etc etc and you might want to give the site a look over. You can raise money as you like for this so you're under no obligations - some who are riding will raise money, some will just do it for the challenge, but if you wuld like to raise money you can do this and just hand it straight over. the ride is scheduled for mid June (off the top of my head - I should know more as I am signed up!). Give it a look over and see what you think:

http://cjwoods.com/london2paris