Any good rides in Penarth?

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
edited November 2009 in Routes
I mean good like XC/AM, i have been to Cosmeston, its to flat, also, i do Cwm Carn regularly, but i want something i can go to everyday

Comments

• Hello!

I'm down in Dinas every now and then... just thought i'd say hi! lol.

What about afan?

Or the Taff trail goes right up into the brecon beacons! :)
  • you can shoot up the taff trail as said above and head to castell coch there's a few good little routes up around there.
    gochel chan ddynion i mewn blew beisiau achos hwy cadernid bod eirth
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    as above

it's about 7/8 miles up the taff trail to castell coch and there's some great routes there. that's if you don't mind a 20 mile route? :D

i work on penarth road and often ride up the taff trail on my way home :D
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    There was a trail in Porth Kerry Park, the other side of Barry (where I live). It's a foot-path, but made for quite an exciting night time DH run. However, last time I was there, the path had been given a coating of gravel, so wasn't much of a challenge to ride down (or climb up again).

There's a few trails in the woods there as well, but this time of year, it's only good if you like mud-plugging.

Not sure what the access rights are for the coastal path which you used to be able to ride from Penarth to Cosmeston.

I use Cosmeston Lakes trails for night-time training, normally around 23:00-01:00 on a Friday night. Not may people around then, so you can blat around the trails.
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    any of you ever head west, swansea way, im looking for some fresh stuff. any ideas?
    iv been really liking the coastal path recetly, great gower vies, and great S.T but its a "off-peak" think only, as some of the doggies (no, not doggers :lol: , im reffering to middleaged, miserable, dag walking women.) keep telling me that ill die in hell.
    I like bikes and stuff