If You Could...

disgruntledgoat
disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
... Have a do-over for one situation in the past, your own past, what would it be (i fully antcipate this will turn into a missed opportunities/embarrassing moments thread)?

I'm having two, cos it's my thread, and they're both GURL related from years ago.

Firstly at a house party, a girl whos floor i slept on asked me if i wanted to share her bed, we'd joked about topping and tailing earlier so wanting to be the gent I said no and regretted it immediately.

Second a girl on my uni course asked me to come round to her room to fix her computer and answered the door in pants that were see through a t shirt. I fixed her computer.

Over to you!
"In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    ... Have a do-over for one situation in the past, your own past, what would it be (i fully antcipate this will turn into a missed opportunities/embarrassing moments thread)?

I'm having two, cos it's my thread, and they're both GURL related from years ago.

Firstly at a house party, a girl whos floor i slept on asked me if i wanted to share her bed, we'd joked about topping and tailing earlier so wanting to be the gent I said no and regretted it immediately.

Second a girl on my uni course asked me to come round to her room to fix her computer and answered the door in pants that were see through a t shirt. I fixed her computer.

Over to you!

I would have visited a friend abroad, as I had promised. Never got the chance to see him again as he died in a diving accident. I still can't forgive myself.

Some happier examples will be along in a minute. :wink:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    A girl I worked with found I was spending a weekend away very near to her home town (we were both in the military) and invited me over, "Just give me a call and let me know". I went on the lash and didn't call. I got cold shoulder ever after, I still wonder 25 years on....
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • ride_whenever
    ride_whenever Posts: 13,279
    Messing things up with the ex who i have since moved in with. Far and away the best person i know and now forever out of reach.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    So many 'gurl' ones to choose from... In at number one (with a bullet)...

At Uni we’d been knocking about with a bunch of girls we met during Freshers week. One of them - we’ll call her Gemma, ‘cos that’s her name - was utterly gorgeous. She was witty, intellegent and loved the music of the Pixies. Dream woman material.

She sidled up to me and mentioned how it was funny just how many people in the room were getting off with each other. “You shouldn’t be on your own here”, she purred. “Good looking bloke like you…” Like a total dick I smiled, said I’d work on it, and wobbled off to the bar for more £1 Aftershock shots. By the time I’d made it back she disappeared. The night went black shortly after I walked into a full length mirror and then spent a good five minutes apologizing to myself and asking me if I’d had a good night.

The next time I saw her a few days later she was hooked up with an Australian into extreme sports. She was also on my mate’s course so I had to endure a further three years of seeing her out and about - usually with a different bloke each time, each one more chiselled, beefy and obviously geared for a successful life than the last.

What really sticks in my craw about this is the fact that I went to Uni as a ‘mature student’. If I was a knob-head eighteen year old, wet behind the ears, I could forgive myself. I thought myself a witty, relaxed, urbane mid-twenties bloke. I was wrong. Very wrong.
  • As opposed to missing opportunites, I regret taking some, like sleeping with two very close female friends.

Ruined both friendships. Years of friendship thrown away for a couple of nights of rutting, never again.
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • pepelepew
    pepelepew Posts: 180

Over to you!

'kin hell mate. Couldn't you see the neon signs saying 'get it here'? Or did you see something through the see-through pants that perhaps shouldn't have been there?
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Do you know what, Jack? You're full of sh!t.
    Det. Insp. Jack Regan: I thought it was about time you made an intellectual contribution to this debate.
    Det. Sgt. George Carter: Boll@cks.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    At uni, went home for Christmas. Came back and some guy in my group had nicked my girl. Strange thing was - him and her ha been in the same class at school.

He said I could hit him if I wanted - I didn't.............................

-Spider-
  • Harry B
    Harry B Posts: 1,239

Over to you!

Let me get this right. Some girl asks you to get into bed wih her and "being a gent" you decline. Then another girl asks you over and opens the door in see-though knickers and a t-shirt and all you do is fix her computer :shock: You are either gey (which is fine but you need to realise it) or were brought up in the forties (no hang on scratch that last one) :? Even then the bloke would have read the signals :roll:
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,602
    Not beating the crap out of a couple of chavs who decided to attack me on a night out in Bristol in case I got arrested. Took four or five punches in the face. That said the one dislocated his knuckle on my skull and all I had was some very minor bruising so wasn't too bad :lol:
  • Harry B wrote:

Over to you!

Let me get this right. Some girl asks you to get into bed wih her and "being a gent" you decline. Then another girl asks you over and opens the door in see-though knickers and a t-shirt and all you do is fix her computer :shock: You are either gey (which is fine but you need to realise it) or were brought up in the forties (no hang on scratch that last one) :? Even then the bloke would have read the signals :roll:

I know I know! (bangs head off desk even at ten years distant whilst shacked up)
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • guilliano
    guilliano Posts: 5,495
    Oh god, a serious thread to be honest on.....!

I had arranged to go to my (at the time) girlfriend's house in Glasgow for a few days. I left home that morning and said "see you in a few days" to my mum. I got a call from my dad while I was at work that (Saturday) morning saying my mum had taken a bad turn and I should come home (she was close to death from cancer at the time). I told my manager about the call. His responce was that I had planned it to get out of work early (regret number one.... I didn't deck the fecker there and then). I left work and went to the train station where I got a call saying things were OK and I should go to Glasgow. I did. The next evening I got a call from my sister saying my mum had died. I have never and will never forgive myself for going, and for not telling her I loved her.
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Seriously, wait until you're 60 and ask that question. I don't even want to think about it.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    guilliano wrote:
    Oh god, a serious thread to be honest on.....!

I had arranged to go to my (at the time) girlfriend's house in Glasgow for a few days. I left home that morning and said "see you in a few days" to my mum. I got a call from my dad while I was at work that (Saturday) morning saying my mum had taken a bad turn and I should come home (she was close to death from cancer at the time). I told my manager about the call. His responce was that I had planned it to get out of work early (regret number one.... I didn't deck the fecker there and then). I left work and went to the train station where I got a call saying things were OK and I should go to Glasgow. I did. The next evening I got a call from my sister saying my mum had died. I have never and will never forgive myself for going, and for not telling her I loved her.

That's a tough one. Sorry for that, terrible luck :(
  • 8)
    Regrets, I´ve had a few
    But then again, too few to mention
    I did, what I had to do
    And saw it through with out exemption
    I planned each chartered course
    Each careful step along the highway
    And more, much more than this
    I did it my way
    8)

Just had too sorry.
  • CHRISNOIR
    guilliano wrote:
    Oh god, a serious thread to be honest on....

F*ck me, that's rough - really feel for you there, fella. Feel like a bit of an arsewhistle now after posting my mini-epic 'The Night I Failed To get My End Away'. I'll take the advice of Dennis and wait until I'm 60...
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    It won't make you feel any better, but my main regret is having taken up too many of the offers of carnival knowledge of the fairer sex. I was a feckless, shallow tart for quite a while, and treated some people very shabbily. Quite a lonely and unfulfilling experience.
  • CHRISNOIR
    keef66 wrote:
    It won't make you feel any better, but my main regret is having taken up too many of the offers of carnival knowledge of the fairer sex. I was a feckless, shallow tart for quite a while, and treated some people very shabbily. Quite a lonely and unfulfilling experience.

'Carnal', surely? I'm not usually one to point out typos but the image of a bloke going conkers-deep on a flat-back truck parading through a village is too good to resist... :wink:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    it's a dull Friday afternoon at work and I've almost lost the will to live. 'Twasn't a typo, just trying to brighten up somebody else's forum browsing.

Think I'll check back on Giant Saskwatch's thread of the year again.
  • CHRISNOIR
    keef66 wrote:
    it's a dull Friday afternoon at work and I've almost lost the will to live. 'Twasn't a typo, just trying to brighten up somebody else's forum browsing.

Certainly worked for me!
  • Not having the courage to stand up to my Alchoholic bully father earlier.
    "If you think you can, or if you think you can't, your right" Henry Ford
  • BigG67
    BigG67 Posts: 582
    edited October 2009
    Both were the result of sheer stupidity and an inability to accept a gurl would fancy me

- 1st was my mates 21yo sister (when I was 16) suggesting I come back to her flat after she'd dropped him off at her folks house and was meant to run me home to mine....quote "you'd not be my 1st virgin".... :shock:

- 2nd at 22...I was out for dinner with two women I sort of worked with (I thought) as friends. One asked "what would you do if Maggie and I asked you go to bed with us", I went bright red and changed the subject.

EDIT - Should say that BOTH times I went red and changed the subject

Still.....may be I read the signals wrong.... :roll:
  • BigG67 wrote:
    Both were the result of sheer stupidity and an inability to accept a gurl would fancy me

- 1st was my mates 21yo sister (when I was 16) suggesting I come back to her flat after she'd dropped him off at her folks house and was meant to run me home to mine....quote "you'd not be my 1st virgin".... :shock:

- 2nd at 22...I was out for dinner with two women I sort of worked with (I thought) as friends. One asked "what would you do if Maggie and I asked you go to bed with us", I went bright red and changed the subject.

See my OP... We could start a club!

@gietvangent
  • BigG67
    BigG67 Posts: 582
    BigG67 wrote:

See my OP... We could start a club!

I know, sometimes I wonder how I ever lost my virginity!!!
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    BigG67 wrote:

I'm sorry..... so, so sorry :(
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • CHRISNOIR
    MattC59 wrote:
    BigG67 wrote:

Trufax - after I split with my first g/f her next relationship was part of a live-in three-way (FFM). Three of them. In a house. Up to all sorts. Blimey.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    Mine is getting caught at a xmas party with a friends sister in a disabled toilet by my mother. Should have checked the door was locked.

Them bars in there were handy though :D
  • CHRISNOIR wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    BigG67 wrote:

Trufax - after I split with my first g/f her next relationship was part of a live-in three-way (FFM). Three of them. In a house. Up to all sorts. Blimey.

In my 1st year of Uni, the halls I were in had a floor of about 16 girls. Within weeks a Lesbian Mafia of about 9 of them had established itself which basically revolved around them sleeping with each other in various combinations and bullying those who refused to join in.

@gietvangent
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I was out in Sierra Nevada (SP), celebrating my birthday, with my GF (now wife!). She started a conversation with two American birds during our meal. Turns out one was celebrating her birthday, too.
    As the night went on and the drinks flowed, we discovered that 'birthday girl' was bi sexual (and hot!), and her friend was a lesbian (stunning!!) and they were travelling Europe... The conversation turned to piercings, etc... more drink flowed... I was absolutely trashed. We left the bar, went our seperate ways...
    Next morning, walking to a cafe (sober), I suddenly remembered the two girls from the night before :!: and all the bits of suggestive conversation, so mentioned to the GF that maybe we'd 'bump' into them again that evening (nudge, nudge!).
    She then reminded me that it was their last night in Spain and they were off to Morocco that morning. Then proceeded to point out, that I would never now how close I had been to having all of them in bed the previous night :shock: Evidently they were all up for it, but I was absolutely trashed... :oops:
    Two years later, in the same resort, we bump into a couple of girls from Essex (crackers). I immediately stop drinking anymore that night :wink: . The rest are drinking and we're all having a really good time. My mind is firmly on the previous missed opportunity, and I'm working hard on this situation, and it seems the (Essex) girls are up fo it, too :D
    So, I put it to my little lady, who, in no uncertain terms, tells me 'no way!' :shock: :shock:
    But... I stammer, trying to understand why not... The girls are both very pretty and they're all having a good night, getting on, blah, blah, blah...
    I'm your WIFE, now, she says!
    You had your chance... :oops: :oops: :oops:
    What a tw4t...
    Needless to say, I have never drank a drop of alcohol since, not that it will ever matter...

I'll sit back, now and wait for the torrent of abuse that I so deserve!...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • TommyEss
    TommyEss Posts: 1,855
    hopper1 wrote:
    Needless to say, I have never drank a drop of alcohol since, not that it will ever matter...

That's a hard and painful lesson to learn!
    Cannondale Synapse 105, Giant Defy 3, Giant Omnium, Giant Trance X2, EMC R1.0, Ridgeback Platinum, On One Il Pompino...