Just been burgled

Mothyman
Mothyman Posts: 655
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
...but they didnt get my road bike !
I'd taken it with me despite the rain in Norfolk...didnt ride it but glad the burglars missed out!
They took a load of other stuff though.... lots of hassle to sort out now...

Comments

• skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    Really sorry to hear that. :cry:
    ...I'd personally re-model any tealeafs hands with a large hammer, after having suffered the same fate myself a few years back. :evil:

...just a thought, check they haven't taken any sets of spare keys you may have. :wink:
    Cycling weakly
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    Sorry to hear that as a kid I was the first home when it happened to us and its not a nice feeling that scum bag has been in your home.

Hope it get sorted soon.
  • Sorry to hear that. It happened to me once and agreed it is a sh*te feeling knowing other 'people' have been through your house.

Actually it happened to me again about a year ago, but my dog suggested they take up an alternative career or at least plied their current trade elsewhere :wink: They got nowt and did no damage. Hurray for dogs.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    +1 to what's already been said - sorry to hear the bad news. Insurance will go some way towards replacing stuff, but if anything with sentimental value's gone that can't really be replaced, that's a real kick in the guts. :(

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Mothyman
    Mothyman Posts: 655
    thanks for those thoughts fellas......
    in the words of Lionel Ritchie..they are just ''material thangs''....

if i could wind the clock back I'd go through every room with a digital camera so you know what you own....its a pain trying to remember...

cheers
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    Very sorry to hear that. What's the answer? Big better phatter alarm system?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Sorry to hear, I had my bike stolen off the car last week but in your house it's worse isn't it? It's not the posessions, it's the invasion.
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Mothyman wrote:
    thanks for those thoughts fellas......
    in the words of Lionel Ritchie..they are just ''material thangs''....

if i could wind the clock back I'd go through every room with a digital camera so you know what you own....its a pain trying to remember...

cheers

Bad news MM. Sorry to hear that. Hope the replacement(s) are shinny, light and carbon :D
  • passout
    passout Posts: 4,425
    I'd beef up your security so they don't strike again.
    'Happiness serves hardly any other purpose than to make unhappiness possible' Marcel Proust.