New CTC Website - Stop SMIDSY

2»

Comments

• gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    So, the SMIDSY campaign that promotes SMIDSY not being an excuse, by motorcycle groups, is what the CTC want to stop? Or do they want to stop the actual use of SMIDSY as a defence in cases as opposed to undermining a good campaign..... or do the CTC actually want to come up with something else and have some of their own ideas?!

I was under the impression they were just nicking another campaign and trying to score by trashing it and missing the point.....?

However, I may have missed the point that it has nothing to do with the motorcyclists campaign from years ago and that they want to stop the use of the SMIDSY excuse, The same way that the motorcycle campaign does....by jumping on the bandwagon of the old motorcycle SMIDSY campaign?

Which ever way, they need to get a better marketing and PR dept - After some of the useless people that I spoke to in CTC, they really should be putting their feet up with a good book and a warm cup of tea.

Bent Mikey, "Recumbants are rubbish!" :D - welcome back, long time no see!
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    gtvlusso wrote:
    So, the SMIDSY campaign that promotes SMIDSY not being an excuse, by motorcycle groups, is what the CTC want to stop? Or do they want to stop the actual use of SMIDSY as a defence in cases as opposed to undermining a good campaign..... or do the CTC actually want to come up with something else and have some of their own ideas?!

I was under the impression they were just nicking another campaign and trying to score by trashing it and missing the point.....?

However, I may have missed the point that it has nothing to do with the motorcyclists campaign from years ago and that they want to stop the use of the SMIDSY excuse, The same way that the motorcycle campaign does....by jumping on the bandwagon of the old motorcycle SMIDSY campaign?

Which ever way, they need to get a better marketing and PR dept - After some of the useless people that I spoke to in CTC, they really should be putting their feet up with a good book and a warm cup of tea.

What planet are you on?

The fact the CTC are running a campaign about SMIDSY accidents has no bearing on the fact that motorcycle groups have had/ have a campaign on the same subject.

It is good that groups are raising awareness of this issue- whether motorcyclists or cyclists.

If the motorcyclists campaign works/worked, then why shouldn't the CTC take a proven successful campaign as a template for their oewn campaign?

Yes the CTC could at times be more direct in media dealings, but unless you think SMIDSY accidents are a good thing, then this campaign can only help. It certainly does no harm
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • gtvlusso
    spen666 wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

What planet are you on?

The fact the CTC are running a campaign about SMIDSY accidents has no bearing on the fact that motorcycle groups have had/ have a campaign on the same subject.

It is good that groups are raising awareness of this issue- whether motorcyclists or cyclists.

If the motorcyclists campaign works/worked, then why shouldn't the CTC take a proven successful campaign as a template for their oewn campaign?

Yes the CTC could at times be more direct in media dealings, but unless you think SMIDSY accidents are a good thing, then this campaign can only help. It certainly does no harm

I guess I just see it as a silly marketing exercise to get more members in - ultimately, I gave up my membership as they were bloody useless! Seems a shame that they cannot come up with their own campaigns....kinda blurs the m/cyclist one!
  • spen666
    gtvlusso wrote:

I guess I just see it as a silly marketing exercise to get more members in - ultimately, I gave up my membership as they were bloody useless! Seems a shame that they cannot come up with their own campaigns....kinda blurs the m/cyclist one!

Why re invent the wheel?

Far better to adopt something that is known to work

And what gives motorcyclists the exclusive right to complain about SMIDSYS? It affect others as well

Twittering @spen_666
  • spen666
    gtvlusso wrote:

Why re invent the wheel?

And what gives motorcyclists the exclusive right to complain about SMIDSYS? It affect others as well

Twittering @spen_666
  • gtvlusso
    spen666 wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Why re invent the wheel?

very true - but it does not take a genius to come up with something different.....or does it?!?!?!?
  • spen666
    gtvlusso wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

Why re invent the wheel?

very true - but it does not take a genius to come up with something different.....or does it?!?!?!?

Why come up with something new if the original works well?

Twittering @spen_666