MTB stolen in Glasgow 19th of October REWARD £100

TomGlasgow
TomGlasgow Posts: 3
edited November 2009 in MTB stolen
Hi everybody!

My bike mas stolen yesterday, the 19th of October in Glasgow. :( It was chained with a heavy duty lock to the metal railing across the street at 322 Kennedy Street G4 0PU. It was during the afternoon, between 2 and 6 pm.

Here is the description of the bike:

It is a Ghost frame 2005 which is now repainted to be metallic blue without ant stickers or brand names on it.
It is a hardtail (no rear suspension) with a front suspension from RockShox, black with golden coils. It is an oil-air suspension with lock-out function, which either locks or unlocks the suspension. The actual lockout lever was broken and is now fixed to the handle bar with a silver pipe clamp.
It has full XT chain set and shifters, with the break lever rapid shifters (shifting with break levers). 27speed.
It has new RACING RALPH tires, labeled racing ralph in large, white-silver letters on them.
I also has silver dual pedals which have normal pedals on one side and click adapters on the other side.
It also has a black Fizik saddle.
The crank, saddle bar, handle bar as well as the handle bar stem are all repainted to be black, no labels on them at all, they are Ritchie and Shimano.
On the handlebar there is also a socket for a light and a speedometer, also a rear light socket on the saddle bar.
Also it has detachable front and rear mud guards from Defender.
Also it has 2 silver bottle holders.

Please, have a look around and help me find this rather unusual bike. I don't think they knew what they were stealing since all the labels are removed. I will pay a good reward to anyone who can help me recover the bike!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

Tom

Comments

• colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    That's near the BMW Garage

I could suggest to you that you could ask to see there cctv footage it might help and other premises that also have such cctv as well .. but i do reckon it was possibly stolen by those in the High flats ...

Do you have a pic of the bike
  • Thanks for that suggestion, I will talk to them today. If it were stolen by someone from the high flats, where would you think they would sell it or store it? Maybe I will just come across something.

Cheers!
  • colintrav
    colintrav Posts: 1,074
    If you happen to know someone or know of people that do that lives in that area I don't myself , It would help a great deal , do many in your wrk place know your bike was stolen and have you asked then discreetly ??

Also isn't there not a Bike shop in that area as well Dales ?? if am not mistalken you could ask them if someone has been in tryin to sell them a bike 2nd hand

With anyone that does steal a bike

1 It's stolen to order or to be sold later ie on Ebay or by sold word of mouth ,

2 - you get those that will place adverts in The Times / local papers selling bikes and in shop windows

3 - cash converters is another place you could check there is a shop on renfield st ..