Riding near Aberhafesp (Bryn-y-pentre Woods) Mid wales

actsolutions
actsolutions Posts: 94
edited October 2009 in Routes
I’m staying up in Caersws in Mid Wales next week. I know about the now infamous Caersws DH runs up in near Pontdolgoch but I was told there’s some nice runs in Bryn-y-pertre woods near Aberhafesp. The guy who told me wasn’t an MTBer but said he’s seen people riding there all the time.
Can any locals give me a clue on what type of riding is on offer? I would guess it might be short DH runs or maybe it’s just XC thrashing.
I was told People Park up around here!

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=30 ... 93525&lm=0

Is this right?
thx

Comments

• I’m staying up in Caersws in Mid Wales next week. I know about the now infamous Caersws DH runs up in near Pontdolgoch but I was told there’s some nice runs in Bryn-y-pertre woods near Aberhafesp. The guy who told me wasn’t an MTBer but said he’s seen people riding there all the time.
    Can any locals give me a clue on what type of riding is on offer? I would guess it might be short DH runs or maybe it’s just XC thrashing.
    I was told People Park up around here!

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=30 ... 93525&lm=0

Is this right?
    thx
    it mainly a mini downhill bit of fun me n a few m8s built.i will b taking my dh rig there on sat i got a norco a line.bit much 4 up there get away with a 6inch travel bike.
  • nice one.

I will check out your work, going up tommorow.
    I love Mini DH trails they are such a blast you can take them to the limit after a few runs.
  • nice one.

I will check out your work, going up tommorow.
    I love Mini DH trails they are such a blast you can take them to the limit after a few runs.
    the car park is at the top of the woods.as you go through gate onto fire road keep goin until you get to a fork at this poit go stright up the track left by a tractor this takes you to the top of the run.i would recomend doing a sighting run as i have not been up there riding for a while as i no longer live there but i know some local kids av bin up there building and they never quite finish stuf off.let me know how you get on.n if u wana join us 4 a ride on sat