Forum home Mountain biking forum Routes, rides and holidays Routes

How long is SKYLINE with all the diversons?

pauljoespauljoes Posts: 186
edited April 2010 in Routes
Hi there all I done this epic trail yesterday 18/10/09 took me 4hrs 10mins been told this is a good time

Wondering if anyone has done this trail and logged the distance? I konw its meant to be 44km but these diversons seemed to make it longer on my legs.
TREK REMEDY 9
ORANGE CRUSH
DOLAN TUONO
PLANET X PRO CARBON

Posts

  • AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 79,678
    you appear to be talking about trails and not trials.
  • pauljoes wrote:
    Hi there all I done this epic trail yesterday 18/10/09 took me 4hrs 10mins been told this is a good time

    Wondering if anyone has done this trail and logged the distance? I konw its meant to be 44km but these diversons seemed to make it longer on my legs.

    Done Skyline in 2hr 58min, with no shortcuts. Timed and logged on my Garmin from the first wooden gates back to the gates agen, thats about the correct distance.
    Orange 5 SE
    Santa Cruz Nomad
    Orange 5 Diva
    Boardman Team Carbon
    Bianchi She
  • stumpyjonstumpyjon Posts: 4,069
    Eek it took me 4 hours on Friday and I took the second shortcut. I can usually knock the whole thing off in around 5 hours. Tis a hard ride, ascent, distance, exposure and technicallity.
    It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

    I've bought a new bike....ouch - result
    Can I buy a new bike?...No - no result
  • pauljoespauljoes Posts: 186
    wow big2000dave, what bike are you riding to be doing it in that time? I sure need to do some more trainning or leave the junk food alone.
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • pauljoes wrote:
    wow big2000dave, what bike are you riding to be doing it in that time? I sure need to do some more trainning or leave the junk food alone.

    it's been stolen now, but it 'was' a 06 specialized s-works FSR with fll xtr etc, need good powerful legs to get up the hills!
    Orange 5 SE
    Santa Cruz Nomad
    Orange 5 Diva
    Boardman Team Carbon
    Bianchi She
  • pauljoespauljoes Posts: 186
    I live about 30mins away from there and work 10mins away from there so i got no excuse other than waiting for the other lads i ride with or thats my excuse. shame about the bike that got stolen, i ride a remedy 9 so a big bike for long runs
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • pauljoes wrote:
    I live about 30mins away from there and work 10mins away from there so i got no excuse other than waiting for the other lads i ride with or thats my excuse. shame about the bike that got stolen, i ride a remedy 9 so a big bike for long runs

    I'm down the road in cardiff so it's my little play ground. I'm riding a Orange 5 SE with fox 36's and an santa cruz nomad so they are about the same as your remedy 9. ~Great bikes for the whites level.
    Orange 5 SE
    Santa Cruz Nomad
    Orange 5 Diva
    Boardman Team Carbon
    Bianchi She
  • pauljoespauljoes Posts: 186
    Went to brechfa today done the gorlech trail omg it was very fast and dry. I had a nice crash..........who plants tree`s in the middle of bike tracks tut tut. Ive just bought a orange crush to hammer around on and get the fitness levels up again. Have you started skyline from the carpark on top of rhigos where the iceceam van is? they say you aint so f**ked to do the final decent!
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • pauljoes wrote:
    Went to brechfa today done the gorlech trail omg it was very fast and dry. I had a nice crash..........who plants tree`s in the middle of bike tracks tut tut. Ive just bought a orange crush to hammer around on and get the fitness levels up again. Have you started skyline from the carpark on top of rhigos where the iceceam van is? they say you aint so f**ked to do the final decent!

    might pop there wednesday if i don't do the W2.
    Orange 5 SE
    Santa Cruz Nomad
    Orange 5 Diva
    Boardman Team Carbon
    Bianchi She
  • pauljoespauljoes Posts: 186
    Never done W2 altho what a great idea the best of two trails in one. I live just below Gethin woods which has a good DH track so prob go for a quick ride this afternoon.
    TREK REMEDY 9
    ORANGE CRUSH
    DOLAN TUONO
    PLANET X PRO CARBON
  • ThewaylanderThewaylander Posts: 8,767
    Two great trails connected by miles of awful fire road,

    Better to jsut ride one int he morning get some lunch then ride the other in the after :p
Sign In or Register to comment.