Shoe sizing!!!!!!!!!!!!

jellybellywmb
jellybellywmb Posts: 1,379
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
How come a european size 43 in DHB Shoes is 8, pearl azumi 8.5 and Northwave 9.5
Is there a reason why a what i thought was a standard european sizing does not equate to a single uk sizing??

Because of this i have had to return my shiney new DHB shoes to wiggle which in effect adds a fiver to the cost :?
"BEER" Proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy

Comments

• hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I thought a UK size 8 was a EU 42...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Thats what i thought, I checked all my other shoes boots etc all say 43 is 9 42 is 8 44 is a 10 but when you look at the sizing charts in the descreiptions on wiggle they are all different.
  • Just go by what normality says. I'm a 10 so I get 44. Both my MTB shoes and road shoes fit like a glove.

I remember the first shoes I bought, people were all saying to get a size bigger. Thankfully I only bought the shoes to see if I liked clipless. They were replaced within five months with shoes that actually fitted. :roll:
  • Unforunatley thats what i did, I am a 9 so went with 43 but they are a tiny size 8
  • I'm size 11.1/2 and a wide fitting I have to have 48 road shoe....built at Camel Lierd

I'ts ok having small feet you can get any style many make...for me its just a endless search to get any to fit
    Even every day shoes loads of differant styles for the 8/9 and even 10's...get to the 11-12 rack and about a 4 styles and all s**te
  • LittleB0b
    LittleB0b Posts: 416

I'ts ok having small feet you can get any style many make...for

That's such a lie.

No, Really - try having size 37 feet - hardly anyone makes cycling shoes in that size, and you've NO chance of getting anything so exotic as a winter shoe. (in fact plenty of people don't even make socks in that size)
  • pedylan
    pedylan Posts: 768
    All shoes are not equal. I've got ordinary shoes which range in size from 7 1/2 to 9 and they all fit.

I've been a size 9 since my teens and it's only recently that I've noticed this variance, maybe because shoes are made all over the world and maybe these foreign manufacturers have different templates.

I never buy any shoes online and would especially need to try road or spd shoes to be comfortable with my choice, so maybe this is one for the LBS, that's where I buy.

Having said all this the Euro and UK conversions should never vary - bit like meteres and feet conversions being different?
    Where the neon madmen climb
  • jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Can only get shoes right by trying them on..Tried many a size 9 to find them all different in comfort..(typical example was Doc Martins( no way will Size 9 fit).Shoe width is also an issue..I have wide feet...(No!I am not a duck.)..Often wonder iif walking boot size also allows for sock thickness malso
    jc
  • freehub
    freehub Posts: 4,257
    Shoe size is confusing, I take size 47, which is like 10 or something is it not? Some shoes I'm a size 10, some 11 and I can fit 12's too.
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    White Line wrote:
    Just go by what normality says. I'm a 10 so I get 44. Both my MTB shoes and road shoes fit like a glove.
    I remember the first shoes I bought, people were all saying to get a size bigger. Thankfully I only bought the shoes to see if I liked clipless. They were replaced within five months with shoes that actually fitted. :roll:

am I missing something here? Do your gloves fit like...........

Pip pip.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • guinea
    guinea Posts: 1,177
    freehub wrote:
    Shoe size is confusing, I take size 47, which is like 10 or something is it not? Some shoes I'm a size 10, some 11 and I can fit 12's too.

No. I am a 47.

I am an 12 in most shoe shops, but can sometimes wear an 11.
  • iainment wrote:
    am I missing something here? Do your gloves fit like...
    They fit like absolutely perfectly. 8)
  • LittleB0b wrote:

I'ts ok having small feet you can get any style many make...for

That's such a lie.

No, Really - try having size 37 feet - hardly anyone makes cycling shoes in that size, and you've NO chance of getting anything so exotic as a winter shoe. (in fact plenty of people don't even make socks in that size)

Your just at the other end of the scale Bob...at least you could buy a bigger size and 'suff' the ends with cotton wool or wear several layers of socks:wink: but i would have to cut the toe ends out

And as for gloves I can just about get XXL to fit on my shovels that if they are 'stretchy' material