price?

can i mix components and how?

better shifting?

weight?

Comments

• gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    oh god - this'll be a long one.

of the group - tiagra will be cheapest - veloce and rival about the same I think.

no real better shifting but each will feel different and you will prefer the feel of one over the others (I'm a campag person)

weight - no real idea but I would say that probably rival is lightest of that bunch.

mix components? - no - not really...
    - campag doesn' mix at all
    - SRAM uses shimano fit wheels for their cassettes
    you could use different brakes on different groups - but if you fit campag brakes to the others they will have no quick release (as the campg QR is on the levers) - but really, why would you.

look for offers on the groupset as a whole - i'd try Merlincycles and ribble as your best bets for low cost groups.

good luck!
  • duracer
    duracer Posts: 17
    edited October 2009
    can i use 10 speed campagnolo record cassette and chain with 10 spd veloce shifters?
  • gundersen
    gundersen Posts: 586
    in theory all campagnolo is interchangable.

today they all have soft shifts except red record and super record as far as I know.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    sorry - i thought you were talking about mixing of shimano / campag / sram - i.e. a veloce mech with sram shifters - which is a no no.

campag 10sp is all interchangeable yes

shimano is mostly - except for the very latest Dura ace and ultegra stuff which seems to be different.