Were you riding a silver Trek in Pelsall today at 12.15ish?

Slow Downcp
Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
If so, can you put your brain in before you put your helmet on next time? Not content with riding through the red light at the crossroads on the common, you then cut straight across the road to turn right at the Red Cow pub without looking or signalling. My wife was following behind with my two kids in the car and had to brake sharply to avoid hitting you.

Personally I don't mind if you become roadkill, what I do object to is selfish behaviour that risks the safety of others (particularly my family). It also has the effect of turning other road users against cyclists in general, and the roads are bad enough as they are without the minority making it worse.

Rant over :evil:
Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos

Comments

• downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    Well said. Have seen a few riders like this in the past month. Its like the brain disengages as they consider putting their bike away for the winter.
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    Has this type of post ever ended up addressing the person mentioned, or is it just look at me, aren't I wonderful.

Pip pip.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • sicknote
    sicknote Posts: 901
    I had someone do it in front of me last summer so know how your wife feels.

Well said and glad to hear they are ok.
  • Slow Downcp
    iainment wrote:
    Has this type of post ever ended up addressing the person mentioned, or is it just look at me, aren't I wonderful.

Pip pip.

You never know - they may be on here, nothing to do with how wonderful I am. Maybe when your family have an incident like this you'll think the same (unless you also jump red lights and cut across traffic without looking or indicating).
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    iainment wrote:

Pip pip.

Meow :roll:
  • iainment
    iainment Posts: 992
    iainment wrote:

Pip pip.

You never know - they may be on here, nothing to do with how wonderful I am. Maybe when your family have an incident like this you'll think the same (unless you also jump red lights and cut across traffic without looking or indicating).

Having reread my post I apologise for the look at me bit.

However often this type of post does include a look at me and what I did element, yours didn't.

Bashfully yours

Pip pip.
    Old hippies don't die, they just lie low until the laughter stops and their time comes round again.
    Joseph Gallivan
  • Slow Downcp
    iainment wrote:
    iainment wrote:

Pip pip.

Having reread my post I apologise for the look at me bit.

However often this type of post does include a look at me and what I did element, yours didn't.

Bashfully yours

Pip pip.

Apology accepted :D I've done it myself and jumped in without reading the post properly, easy done.