Basso monsters Evans in chrono event

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2009 in Pro race
Brilliant!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/coppa- ... ne/results

I hope Cuddles got a nice paycheck for that :wink:
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Evans did question his sanity this morning on Twitter regarding his agreement to do the TT.
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    edited October 2009
    Basso Monsters Evans
    or
    Basso finishes behind on Alessandro Raisoni
    :?:

:wink:

Poor Cunego, coming in seven minutes down.
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Was was this the TT version of a Crit?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • If Evans did, then Cunego must. Over 7 minutes down in 33kms!
    Firenze-Pistoia ITT, next weekend and it usually makes the tv.

Rai Sport has something called the "Grand Gala of Cycling", tomorrow at 5pm, for a couple of hours. Hope it's not a load of balls. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Crono de Nations, which had live net coverage.
    top 10.

1 Alexander Vinokourov (Kaz) Astana 1:00:09

2 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra) 0:01:07
    3 Yuriy Krivtsov (Ukr) AG2R La Mondiale 0:01:12
    4 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Columbia-HTC 0:01:42
    5 Florian Morizot (Fra) 0:02:13
    6 David Le Lay (Fra) Agritubel 0:02:23
    7 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) Silence-Lotto 0:02:34
    8 Andriy Grivko (Ukr) ISD 0:03:01
    9 Julien Fouchard (Fra) Cofidis 0:03:12
    10 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Bbox Bouygues Telecom 0:03:14

No wonder the calves hasn't been posting. He finally gets the better of Philip Gilbert.:wink: :roll:
    Celebration times in Kazakhstan, all week?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • iainf72
    Was was this the TT version of a Crit?

Perhaps but the Italian champ took it seriously enough

http://twitter.com/marcopinotti/status/4969697420
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    Iainf, what is it you admire so much about this doper? :wink::wink::):)

In all seriousness, Basso's season looks quite clean. The fact he rushed up to Liege to take up ASOs invitation, coming from a 1 week stage race in Italy in April which finished the day before LBL, suggests he wants to please ASO and be invited to next years TDF. Basso will be in TDF 2010
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    Ian, why do you like Basso so much?

I never found that much to either like or dislike, save the shady moments in '06.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Crono de Nations

He finally gets the better of Philip Gilbert.:wink: :roll:

With his 4th October win yesterday (including the 2 most publicised, Tours/Lombardi) then Gilbert didn't break his contract here and rode round for the appearance money and without any strees

I would imagine Evans did the exactly the same after his efforts yesterday in bringing the "Break" back for Gilbert. :wink:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Birillo
    Birillo Posts: 417
    Basso monsters Evans

Is that a new verb?
  • iainf72
    Dave_1 wrote:

In all seriousness, Basso's season looks quite clean. The fact he rushed up to Liege to take up ASOs invitation, coming from a 1 week stage race in Italy in April which finished the day before LBL, suggests he wants to please ASO and be invited to next years TDF. Basso will be in TDF 2010

I was under the impression his absence from the Tour was his choice rather than ASO's in order to try to prove to them he's playing nice.

Its funny when people talk about him not being the #1 on Liquigas but when you look at CQ rankings he's the top man from Liquigas.
  • Vino
    Vino Posts: 184
    Crono de Nations, which had live net coverage.
    top 10.

2 Jean-Christophe Peraud (Fra) 0:01:07
    3 Yuriy Krivtsov (Ukr) AG2R La Mondiale 0:01:12
    4 Maxime Monfort (Bel) Columbia-HTC 0:01:42
    5 Florian Morizot (Fra) 0:02:13
    6 David Le Lay (Fra) Agritubel 0:02:23
    8 Andriy Grivko (Ukr) ISD 0:03:01
    9 Julien Fouchard (Fra) Cofidis 0:03:12
    10 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Bbox Bouygues Telecom 0:03:14

No wonder the calves hasn't been posting. He finally gets the better of Philip Gilbert.:wink: :roll:

AVE the Calves are pumped is resting lots beffore and not posting with internet forum peoples.
    Is resting now cause the Calves are tired after displ;ay of power. Meny are concious of powe of Calves now. 2010 top 5 at tour you will see you will cry I will make loving with all your wife and mothers.

AVE CALVES
  • deejay
    It seems that your CQ rankings show both Evans and Gilbert have both out monstered Basso in October.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    iainf72 wrote:
    Dave_1 wrote:

I was under the impression his absence from the Tour was his choice rather than ASO's in order to try to prove to them he's playing nice.

Its funny when people talk about him not being the #1 on Liquigas but when you look at CQ rankings he's the top man from Liquigas.

I hope he gets back now...his form this season seems pretty consistent, not like 2005 with that weird up and down Giro, strong TDF. I suppose he could have done a valv.piti and instead did the honourable thing rather than drag it out for 3 years like valv.
  • deejay
    Dave_1 wrote:

I hope he gets back now...his form this season seems pretty consistent, not like 2005 with that weird up and down Giro, strong TDF. I suppose he could have done a valv.piti and instead did the honourable thing rather than drag it out for 3 years like valv.

Forza Ivan Basso Club

The Valverde Dig should be more about the Spanish Judiciary (backhanders perhaps) being unable to come to terms that there is a problem with ALL their Sports Athletes.

A bit like the Germans for 15 years who now disown any involvement just like all their other history of the last Century.
  • DaveyL
    DaveyL Posts: 5,167
    Dave_1 wrote:

I suppose relative to Valverde he has come out of it OK, but it's a bit of a stretch to say he "did the honourable thing"....
    Le Blaireau (1)