Rebellin.... strange

emadden
emadden Posts: 2,431
edited October 2009 in Pro race
So today I saw something strange... Davide Rebellin riding about 2 minutes ahead of the race at the Giro di Lombardia.. I was near the top of San Fermo and after the first lead cars came through, a guy dressed in white zipped past.. I wasnt quick enough to get a pic, but when I saw him I had that second look you give when you see someone you think you know .. I really wasnt sure, but then when he went around the next corner I heard the tifosi going crazy and shouting "Davide... davide..."... The guy is clearly banned, abd wont be coming back any time soon. I wonder what he was doing... He had a cool white kit on, didnt catch the team - certainly one Ive never seen or heard of before...
www.dotcycling.com

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    hmmm, very odd.
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    Nothing better to do with his time?
    so many cols,so little time!
  • nick hanson
    nick hanson Posts: 1,655
    whoops,double post
    so many cols,so little time!
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Could be another ex pro caught doping going a bit funny in the swede (Swede- the vegetable not anything to with Magnus Bäckstedt's mother country).
    If you want to be his buddy (Magnus) try the track at Newport, Wales. Shh...i didn't let on ok.

I think a few doped riders seem to skulk around races. I think Rasmussen was seen aabout a few races and I remember Alex Zuelle was watching a race and being spotted as if on CCTV. "Have you seen this criminal? Guilty of crimes against the Peleton."

-Jerry
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • jerry3571 wrote:
    Could be another ex pro caught doping going a bit funny in the swede (Swede- the vegetable not anything to with Magnus Bäckstedt's mother country).
    If you want to be his buddy (Magnus) try the track at Newport, Wales. Shh...i didn't let on ok.

I think a few doped riders seem to skulk around races. I think Rasmussen was seen aabout a few races and I remember Alex Zuelle was watching a race and being spotted as if on CCTV. "Have you seen this criminal? Guilty of crimes against the peloton."

-Jerry

I saw Ricco on the Petit St. Bernard the day the tour came through riding plain white kit, still on his team issue scott. Instantly recognisable due to speed of ascent, rat like face and stupid bleached hair.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • And of course, the late VDB was pictured as this years Worlds.
    Let's close our eyes and see what happens
  • bikerZA
    bikerZA Posts: 314
    I saw Ricco on the Petit St. Bernard the day the tour came through riding plain white kit, still on his team issue scott. Instantly recognisable due to speed of ascent, rat like face and stupid bleached hair.
    Not to mention stream of sh1t pouring out of his mouth.