Forum home Mountain biking forum Routes, rides and holidays MTB rides

New to somerset looking for group to ride with

johncobbmailjohncobbmail Posts: 2
edited October 2009 in MTB rides
Hello

I am john I have moved to somerset 1-2 miles from the quantocks, I am looking for someone or a groups to ride XC with.

I am aefficient in XC/DH rider and am reasonbly fittness level and am hoping to up my fitness,

Looking for a fun social group to ride with

any suggestions or if you know any groups please let me know

thanks john cobb

• Hi John,

Although not quite a local (North Devon), I'll be riding up the Quantocks with a few lads from Plymouth on Sunday and you'd be more than welcome to join us.

There are also quite a few Quantocks locals who regularly post on the Singletrackworld forum.

Drop me an email at [email protected] if you're keen.
  • joec1joec1 Posts: 494
    hi john. bit further north tha you.. try Spamriding, - salisbury plain area

or southwestxc.co.uk - mostly north wilts - bath - bristol but regularly off to wales, scotland and the peaks
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • Hi John

I've from Somerset - a bit further south than you - Yeovil type area.

I'm new to this mountain bike lark - but have been meaning to come up to the quantocks shortly.

If you're looking for a couple of additional riders up the quantocks some time - fraid we're not DHers though! - feel free to post here or PM me.

Cheers

Shaun
  • sharkisharki Posts: 14
    Hi john, i'm a Quantocks local and happy to show you around both DH and trail.

I don't call it xc, mostly pratting about on bikes.

I'm only free every other weeekend, but as SM said there's plenty more local riders and unorganised rides on STW.

mail me.

[email protected]

same applys to all others interested in Quantocks riding.