New to somerset looking for group to ride with

johncobbmail
johncobbmail Posts: 2
edited October 2009 in MTB rides
Hello

I am john I have moved to somerset 1-2 miles from the quantocks, I am looking for someone or a groups to ride XC with.

I am aefficient in XC/DH rider and am reasonbly fittness level and am hoping to up my fitness,

Looking for a fun social group to ride with

any suggestions or if you know any groups please let me know

thanks john cobb

Comments

• Hi John,

Although not quite a local (North Devon), I'll be riding up the Quantocks with a few lads from Plymouth on Sunday and you'd be more than welcome to join us.

There are also quite a few Quantocks locals who regularly post on the Singletrackworld forum.

Drop me an email at rdscoleman-taylor@hotmail.com if you're keen.
  • joec1
    joec1 Posts: 494
    hi john. bit further north tha you.. try Spamriding, - salisbury plain area

or southwestxc.co.uk - mostly north wilts - bath - bristol but regularly off to wales, scotland and the peaks
    www.settingascene.com - MTBing in Wilts and the southwest, join up for info and ride details.
  • Hi John

I've from Somerset - a bit further south than you - Yeovil type area.

I'm new to this mountain bike lark - but have been meaning to come up to the quantocks shortly.

If you're looking for a couple of additional riders up the quantocks some time - fraid we're not DHers though! - feel free to post here or PM me.

Cheers

Shaun
  • sharki
    sharki Posts: 14
    Hi john, i'm a Quantocks local and happy to show you around both DH and trail.

I don't call it xc, mostly pratting about on bikes.

I'm only free every other weeekend, but as SM said there's plenty more local riders and unorganised rides on STW.

mail me.

mtbsharki@yahoo.co.uk

same applys to all others interested in Quantocks riding.