Evans Ride It

andy_f
andy_f Posts: 474
Has anyone ridden one of Evans Ride It sportives, they are coming to Cannock Chase in a couple of weeks for a road sportive and i was wondering what the organisation is like.
"Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.

Comments

• I rode the one over in liphook,hampshire a while back and i thought it was well organised.The facilities to change were very good and people from evans were very helpful.They supplied us with an os map and the route was well sign posted.I chose to do the long route and there were a few big climbs to say the least and on route there were a couple of water/feed stations,one manned and one unmanned.It was only my second sportive and i enjoyed it,other riders were friendly and helpful (as we always are).At the finish there was tea/coffee and hot food available to buy,the pastys were delicious!! I'm hoping to do another one in november.
  • andy_f
    andy_f Posts: 474
    Thanks for the info.
    "Let your life rule your job, not your job rule your life"

Born to ride, forced to work.
  • Sudor
    Sudor Posts: 33
    Hi

I did the Yorkshire run in September - well organized - route well signed - minor deviation from the GPS download (but that is not unusual due to mapping glitches), plenty of water stops and able to borrow a cape. Only downside was a relatively low turnout so not as social as I'd expected. All in all good value for money. Sudor
  • JasonRwmb
    JasonRwmb Posts: 268
    I would agree with the above.

I think I have done 4 now. Always well organised, with a well marked route. The ones I have done have had well thought out courses. I have also borrowed a few bits of Gore clothing in the past which has been good.

I guess the only downside is they don't attract as many riders as some of the more 'famous' sportives so you can find yourself riding solo for a fair amount of the ride, particularly if you do the long route.
  • paulgw
    paulgw Posts: 135
    I too have ridden one of the Evans rides - around Nottinghamshire a couple of weeks ago. I'd echo all the comments above. I thought it was more "low key" than other sportives I have done (no timing chips, fewer riders, no marshalling etc) but for £10 I thought it was pretty good value. I guess a combination of all the above meant that there were not lots of groups of whippet like club cyclists going like the clappers for a decent time and that led to a more leisurely and friendly ride in my view.
  • jacster
    jacster Posts: 177
    Ditto the above.
    Enjoyed the one I did in West Yorkshire.
    Good signage, good stops, friendly atmosphere. About 200 people did it so not a bad turnout.
    Timing is not 100% exact but for a £10 you don't expect chipped.
    All in all well worth the money. Gave me new ideas for routes etc..
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    I did the 'King of the Downs' sportive with them.

The weather was bad and the long course a bit too long, but well organised.

I think you can also test ride a bike if you're early enough.
    exercise.png