dept

wirralguy
wirralguy Posts: 29
edited October 2009 in The bottom bracket
Hi all you good cycling people am i stupid or have i solved the curent money problem ,why dont we just not pay it back its our money in the first place why carnt we start again ,wipe the slate clean ect

Comments

• samtope
    samtope Posts: 18
    You could set up a dept. of debt to deal with the problem.
  • ets just wipe the slate clean no more talk of tight belts ect life need not be dull
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    How would your plan work?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • I dont know just forget all about the lost money and start fresh dept has been ritten off in the past why not this one
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    dept?
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • Mainly because all the very rich people would become quite angry that they no longer have any money or power over people, since mostly very rich people control our economy it's not going to happen :wink:
  • Its still a nice idea and gets people thinking Why not?
  • softlad
    softlad Posts: 3,513
    wirralguy wrote:
    Its still a nice idea and gets people thinking Why not?

being able to spell 'debt' would be a good start.....
  • northernneil
    northernneil Posts: 1,549
    softlad wrote:
    wirralguy wrote:
    Its still a nice idea and gets people thinking Why not?

being able to spell 'debt' would be a good start.....

even after 2 large hints
  • i need to build up some debt before we can wipe the slate clean, i dont think it would take me long though.
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    wirralguy wrote:
    Hi all you good cycling people am i stupid or have i solved the curent money problem ,why dont we just not pay it back its our money in the first place why carnt we start again ,wipe the slate clean ect
    Easy, call yourself a bank, lose a fortune, get a massive hand-out from the government, pay a little of your debts off and award yourself a massive bonus. Any money left over is yours.If you find that you didnt get enough money the first time round then just do the same thing all over again This government is that stupid.
    Ademort :shock:
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • I think rather than giving £billions to the banks, they should have handed every adult in the UK a couple of million quid each (double or more for those in work as an incentive to stay working) and said off you go, spend us out of recession, whatever you've not spent in two years we'll have back.

it'd have been a lot cheaper to finance and wiped out any need for us to tighten our belts and hang onto the money that the economy needs to keep going round.
  • teagar
    teagar Posts: 2,100
    I think rather than giving £billions to the banks, they should have handed every adult in the UK a couple of million quid each (double or more for those in work as an incentive to stay working) and said off you go, spend us out of recession, whatever you've not spent in two years we'll have back..

Isn't that essentially what benefits do? :twisted:

It's all very complicated. So much so not even the smartest economists can come up with a bulletproof solution. You just have to ride it out.
    Note: the above post is an opinion and not fact. It might be a lie.
  • I've been told 95% of the entire planets wealth belongs to 3% of the planets population.

This means there are some very greedy b@st@rds about. No wonder there is so little for the rest of us to exist on.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • Sorry about my ad spelling had a mental block about debt still it is a good idea ,keek posting be happy
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Wassem dem fuch?!?

:shock:
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    I think rather than giving £billions to the banks, they should have handed every adult in the UK a couple of million quid each (double or more for those in work as an incentive to stay working) and said off you go, spend us out of recession, whatever you've not spent in two years we'll have back.

it'd have been a lot cheaper to finance and wiped out any need for us to tighten our belts and hang onto the money that the economy needs to keep going round.

Didn't they try that in Zimbabwe? I can't quite recall how that worked out for them...