New Courrier for Wiggle!

The Northern Monkey
The Northern Monkey Posts: 19,174
edited October 2009 in MTB general
Following this week's announcement that Royal Mail Strike action will likely affect deliveries across the UK, we have made the decision to send all UK orders via City Link's next day service. Providing an excellent service is our top priority and, as a valued customer of Wiggle, you can remain confident of receiving your orders in the expected delivery time.

Please ensure someone is present between 8am – 6pm to accept delivery as orders must be signed for on delivery. If you would like your order left in a secure location please specify in the 'Courier Notes' section on the 'Order Confirmation' stage at the checkout.

You can see all the details on the Wiggle help pages.
Sounds good to me :)

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    CityLink are used for their bulkier items anyway.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    Royal mail and their workforce are doing themselves no favours again.
  • CraigXXL wrote:
    Royal mail and their workforce are doing themselves no favours again.

Yeah also delayed posting on BikeRadar, may take three weeks or so for your post to show... :roll:

...al get me coat...
  • deffler
    deffler Posts: 829
    It shows good initiative by those Wigglers wonder if CRC follow suit?

The Royal Frail workers striking are just a disgrace, they should be happy theyve got bloody jobs
    Boardman Hybrid Pro

Planet X XLS
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    Well that's one less customer for them, i refuse to deal with shitty link.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Woe is Wiggle!
  • I was speaking to a guy who works for Parcel force the other day. Apparently, them and Royal Fail are run as 2 seperate entities and this strike will not affect them.

Of course, this guy may be wrong as he works for the Isle of Man arm of Parcelforce which would make them technically another business again :roll:
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    Tis true, they are run separately. The post office counters woman told me one time when Parcel Farce managed to lose 3 motherboards and had no record of them ever being scanned into the system past the post office counter.
  • dave_hill
    dave_hill Posts: 3,877
    Dazzza wrote:

+1.

Shitty Link make Parcel Farce look positively competent... :shock:
    Give a home to a retired Greyhound. Tia Greyhound Rescue
    Help for Heroes
    JayPic
  • See, over here, we can only really use Parcel Farce. It's either them, or DH-Hell who charge so much, it'd be cheaper for me to buy a van and take the bl00dy thing myself :roll:

T'is the cost of living on an Island.
  • lesz42
    lesz42 Posts: 690
    Parcel Farce,DH-Hell, shitty link, unloyal fail

Dazzza, who do you shop-online with? running out of couriers?
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    It shows good initiative by those Wigglers wonder if CRC follow suit?

I had some stuff from CRC last week delivered by ParcelForce 48hour service which has been made free while the royal mail are actually being the royal fail.
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • Dazzza
    Dazzza Posts: 2,364
    lesz42 wrote:
    Parcel Farce,DH-Hell, shitty link, unloyal fail

Dazzza, who do you shop-online with? running out of couriers?

Nope just shitty link are the ones for me to avoid, the rest are fairly decent but parcel force are the best for me anyways.

Most of the problems are down to their depot being 60 miles away, costs me more in petrol than the item i've usually ordered.
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.
    Giant Anthem X
  • lesz42
    ah

i get all my gear now sent to my work, issue solved
    Giant Trance X0 (08) Reverb, Hope Hoops 5.1D, XT brakes, RQ BC, Works Components headset 1.5
  • Kiblams
    Kiblams Posts: 2,423
    dave_hill wrote:
    Dazzza wrote:

+1.

+2

I have had many bad experiences with Citylink, to the point where I had to stop using my favourite online shop (ebuyer) :( I have had them put on their parcel tracking that they tried to deliver my parcel, and I was definatly in my front room at the time listed. No one knocked or anything, and no card was left. Happened several times before I gave up :evil:
  • lesz42
    never had an issue with ebuyer!

mind you ( No one knocked or anything, and no card was left) i have had that with someone

but i was in the garden all day, explained that to the peep on the phone, they didnt care
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Kiblams wrote:
    dave_hill wrote:
    Dazzza wrote:

+1.

+2

I have had many bad experiences with Citylink, to the point where I had to stop using my favourite online shop (ebuyer) :( I have had them put on their parcel tracking that they tried to deliver my parcel, and I was definatly in my front room at the time listed. No one knocked or anything, and no card was left. Happened several times before I gave up :evil:

Not Citylink but courtesy of Royal Fail and their 'We aren't allowed to knock on the door cards'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ow-in.html
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • solsurf
    solsurf Posts: 489
    City link have to offer the worst customer experience out. Another lost customer here! I feel for the posties I have always had good service from them, I think their Union stinks (they just make the posties look like a wingers) as much as their managment team. They carry heavier and heavier packs (growth of the internet) around for not a lot. Yes it sounds like a great job but I don't think many of us would do the job for the money they get. Back to city link they are as cheap as they come and it shows in their level of service, I've run a mail order business before and found with much frustration you get what you pay for.
    On another note I got some new tyres for my bike Con 4000s and they are great! just thought I would l would end on a +ve.

cheers,
  • NDawn
    NDawn Posts: 238
    Never had issues with any of the big courier companies. It shows good forethought by Wiggle though, quite impressed myself. Most places would just say, to hell with it, you can all wait.

Will always buy from Wiggle :) the platinum account helps :)
  • BlackSpur
    BlackSpur Posts: 4,228
    I love city link, if only because the depot is a 3 minute walk away from my front door.
    "Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling." ~James E. Starrs
  • djames77
    djames77 Posts: 164
    I don't really order for home but have to for work. I find they are all about the same, pretty useless. Royal Snail defs the worst and i think their workers should hold thier heads in shames for even considering strike action. Unions...... the enemy of business and free trade.......?

Dropit Hideit Loseit and Tommorrow Not Today a'int much better to be honest but at least they don't go on strike each year when the workers don't get a 8% payrise.
  • had quite a few emails lately form online retailers commenting on the switch to couriers due to royal mail!
    amazon now deliver through the Home deliveries network aas do a coupl eof the online catalogue stores,
    royal mauil definately not helping them selves again!!
    Timmo.
    After all, I am Cornish!
    http://cornwallmtb.kk5.org/
    Cotic Soul, The bike of Legends!:wink: Yes, I Am a bike tart!
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16297481
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Or they could do what a certain Leeds-based bike shop does - show stock items that are out-of-stock on their website, charge your card within seconds of receiving your order, then wait 10 feckin days for you to contact them before admitting they made a mistake. W*nkers.
  • papasmurf.
    papasmurf. Posts: 2,382
    most couriers seem next to useless for home deliveries, I get all mine sent to work where they magically appear on my desk when i return from lunch
  • yoohoo999
    yoohoo999 Posts: 940
    CityLink are one of the worst couriers I have ever had the misfortune of dealing with (both as supplier and customer)

When I was a student, I set up an ebay shop for the snowboard company I was working for (kept me in a job through the summer months).

By the time I left, we had over 1,000 feedback and had maintained a 100% positive record............but that was nearly ruined on a daily basis by CityLink. It often took many emails, discounts, free products etc to keep people sweet after CityLink had screwed them over.

Why did we keep using them? To be honest, for the types of goods we were posting (snowboards, skis, boots etc) there just wasn't a more practical or cost effective method. Margins were already very low using ebay since the fees were high and we were selling at heavily discounted prices anyway, so using another courier just wouldn't work.

We did eventually change courier for anything other than skis/snowboards.

They truly are terrible. I posted out well over 1000 items with them and every day was met with problems that should not have occured with a company of this size.

Drivers claiming to have turned up when they didn't. Drivers failing to leave cards. Sending to completely the wrong address.

They also charge for repeat/return delivery and despite arguing with them every week about our bills (given that most charges were incurred as a result of their fault) they would never budge and the customer service for businesses is shocking.

I wish Wiggle the best of luck. They'll need it!