Amazing exception to the usual FS pricing beliefs?

Kiblams
Kiblams Posts: 2,423
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I was reading this article on Bikeradar, and i am a little confused how they are recommending the Barracuda Phoenix :? as from what I can see, it is on par with the bikes you will find in Argos...

Is this bike an amazing exception to the usual FS pricing beliefs?

Not looking to buy a FS bike btw :D just a little confused at how they can recommend that bike... almost puts every bike review on Bikeradar into question :shock:

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Jeez, they must be really desperate for money. I know it's just a page of paid advertising, but that's embarrasing.

I suppose with things like this they'll print what they're paid to print, but should they really be recommending this as a genuine "deal of the week". I fear for the newbies who ask a load of questions on here, get directed to a decent entry level HT for £250-£300, and then end up with a "bargain" Y-framed barge of a BSO.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • MacAndCheese
    MacAndCheese Posts: 1,944
    Definitely has the feel of "lets put that in and see if anyone notices - pay cheque please!" about it. It's like those fake articles in mags that are 'advertising promotions' and make themselves look like reviews....very annoying.
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Orange Alpine 160
  • Mrs Toast
    Mrs Toast Posts: 636
    I like the blurb for the Contessa £279 hardtail:
    "The Contessa Sport line has been completed with a beautiful version of the brand new Genius carbon bike. Also, two new Spark full-suspension models can be found in the Sport line, one in carbon, the other in the newly developed alloy version. Both of them will satisfy the need for even lighter full-suspension bikes for women."

Whut?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Where is this Barracuda?
  • DVV
    DVV Posts: 126
    The Barracuda has been removed! Crisis of conscience?!
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    That must be why they appear to have removed it from the article!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • biff55
    biff55 Posts: 1,404
    looks classy :wink:
  • Do you think that maybe someone wrote it as a laugh then accidentally put it in the "submit" folder.
    We do stuff like this at work sometimes, write up a report stating why the company needs to invest £10m in magic beans, or a payment system that uses homing pigeons to deliver cash to clients. :lol: