Peaks jacobs ladder

barnyb
barnyb Posts: 38
edited October 2009 in Routes
Hi im planning with four others to hit the peaks. 2 of us have mediocre hardtails and the other 2 have cheap hardtails. will these be up to it. or will my arse regret it.
Ive looked into hiring bikes but knowere hires full-suss or descent hardtails
anyone have any advise on this please

Comments

• Depends how good you are at riding a hardtail.

Anyway, Jacob's Ladder isn't anywhere near as bad as people say it is. Go and do it on the hardtails, use the money saved by not hiring to buy extra cake.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Plenty of people do it on HTs,a susser just makes it more comfortable when you're old like me 8) Jacobs itself isn't that technical,its just the 1st 15 metres then its just steep and fast(as a descent)As a climb its brutal and even pro XCers fail to climb it all.The climb up fromColdwell Clough to the top of the ladder is a loooonngggg tough affair,FS or not it has most walking at some point.

Just go there and enjoy and don't worry about the bikes :D
  • barnyb
    barnyb Posts: 38
    cheers, I shall conquer the ladder if I have to walk it... though them :roll: rocks do look rather big.
  • OH NO Dan
    OH NO Dan Posts: 186
    I ride down Jacobs on my hardtail and have seen others doing it as well. Ive only ever seen folk pushing bikes up it though, the surface is very loose so trying to find grip is difficult. Its awesome riding round that area so you'll love it!

What route are you planning on doing?