Lombardia on TV?

Le Commentateur
Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
edited October 2009 in Pro race
I know it's not on Eurosport, but possibly this software could enable watching online from RAI.

:idea:

Apparently what it does is hide your ISP address details from the web site hosting the transmission, whereas trying to watch would previously give a message that content was not available for viewing in outside the territory in question. So I'm guessing it may work for folk outside Italy trying to watch RaiTre via the web tomorrow afternoon.

http://hotspotshield.com/

Comments

• It is on Eurosport.
    Live on International, Delayed by 90 minutes, until 4-30pm on British.
    RAITRE's coverage is the usual minimalist Italian version, too.
    Doesn't start until 3pm UK time and finshed by 4-20pm.

After that......4 months of darkness. :(
    (unless you can watch Firenze-Pistoia, weekend after, but it's an ITT.)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    Highlights will do for me this weekend as I'm away and will need to set the recorder, but for future reference does anyone know if there is a way to get International Eurosport through the usual Sky+ set-up? I neither have nor want HD.
  • Ah, I just assumed BE weren't showing it again. Still, I may have a go at gatecrashing RAI.

After that......4 months of darkness. Sad
    OTOH, there's biathlon starting at the end of November -- 4 months of fit girls with guns can't be bad.
  • afx237vi
    afx237vi Posts: 12,630
    stfc1 wrote:
    Highlights will do for me this weekend as I'm away and will need to set the recorder, but for future reference does anyone know if there is a way to get International Eurosport through the usual Sky+ set-up? I neither have nor want HD.

You can't.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    stfc1 wrote:
    I neither have nor want HD.

Did you make the leap to colour at all? :wink:
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • "For those of you watching in black and white, Basso is the rider in bright green."? :P
    Fit girls with guns? Don't tell the calves, he's in serious training for tomorrow. :wink:
    At least.....our version has gone very quiet.
    AVE NOT.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • stfc1
    stfc1 Posts: 505
    iainf72 wrote:
    stfc1 wrote:
    I neither have nor want HD.

Did you make the leap to colour at all? :wink:

Reluctantly ;-)

Obviously there is no point in spending an extra £120 a year for HD when you don't have an HD telly. And I can think of better uses for what little money I have than buying an HD telly. Bike bits, for example. Or beer.
  • andyrr
    andyrr Posts: 1,822
    afx237vi wrote:
    stfc1 wrote:

You can't.

Oh yes you can !

International Eurosport is available on Free To Air satellite.
    On digital it is not, however, available with English language audio feed, on analogue is IS available with English language and that's how I tend to watch most of the Euro pro races. Advantage also is that occasionally you get better coverage, ie earlier starts, of races compared to the Sky supplied-British Eurosport version.
  • NicFrance
    NicFrance Posts: 256
    stfc1 wrote:
    And I can think of better uses for what little money I have than buying an HD telly. Bike bits, for example. Or beer.

That makes sense. Personally, i prefer beeing invited to a beer to beeing invited at watching HD.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    It'll be interesting to see if any cycling events make the leap to 3D in 2012

As a visual sport I find cycling lends itself to things like HD with beautiful scenery etc.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • yogi
    yogi Posts: 456
    Like many, I have been looking for highlights of the Tour of Lombardia. Finally found it on Eurosport Monday night 8.15pm.