Wiggins in Sun Tour

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2009 in Pro race
First victory in a race with UCI points since 2007, innit?
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    3 Days of De Panne TT this year.
  • iainf72
    Right you are!
  • finchy
    It happens occasionally! :wink:
  • iainf72
    johnfinch wrote:

It's wierd when you consider he's had a great year yet very slim on victories.
  • johnfinch wrote:

Mr Finch are you alluding to a Wiggins victory or Ian being wrong? :lol:
    Do you have any Therapeutic Use Exemptions?
    No. Never have.
    Never? What about the cortisone?
    Well, obviously there was the cortisone
  • finchy
    johnfinch wrote:

Mr Finch are you alluding to a Wiggins victory or Ian being wrong? :lol:

Neither. Me being correct.
  • finchy
    iainf72 wrote:

Well, I suppose it's not too bad considering the massive physical changes he's put himself through this year. Hopefully we'll see a few more wins next year though. It would be brilliant if he could finally get that TdF stage win.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Did a half-decent ride in Paris-Roubaix back in the Spring so it's been a long old season for him.
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    I can't understand why riders are already in the gym working out winter training mode and Wiggins doing it old school...racing February to October, cobbled classic, two grand tours. It's old school. I bet Wiggins doesn't risk Paris Roubaix now he's seen top 4 in TDF
  • moray_gub
    moray_gub Posts: 3,328
    johnfinch wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Well, I suppose it's not too bad considering the massive physical changes he's put himself through this year. Hopefully we'll see a few more wins next year though. It would be brilliant if he could finally get that TdF stage win.

I reckon his chances of that are really limited as i dont think he is ever going to win atop a mountain and these days he lags behind Spartacus (doesnt everybody mind you) and Bertie in the TTs and prologues. His main hope is to lose a packet first mountain stage be out of GC contention and get away in a break and i dont thinik he would want that.
    Gasping - but somehow still alive !
  • Kléber
    Kléber Posts: 6,842
    Who knows what he can do. His performance this summer was amazing but that was his first time like that. What if he could get better, that if he was able to build on the training and dieting?

Of course, he could equally be at the same level or go backwards too. But he's got it all to play for and for Garmin, they have VDV and the potentially exciting Martin too, not to mention Farrar. So Garmin can allow Wiggo to build up for July in anyway he wants, there is no pressure for early results etc.