Zefal Bottles with lid

boyse7en
boyse7en Posts: 59
edited October 2009 in MTB general
I'm trying to source a replacement for my Mt Zefal drinks bottle.

The one I had, had a valve thing at teh top that you could pull with your teeth to open, and a soft rubber lid/cover that went over the top. This was ideal as it stops the valve bit that you put in your mouth getting covered in mud and crud as you ride.

All the ones I can see online so far have the valve bit, but don't have the lid. Which seems odd, as who wants to drink from a mud and dog crap covered drinking spout?

Anyone know where I can get a couple ?

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Not Zefal, but Halfords do them, £2.99 I think. They've got a clear plastic 'dome' over the valve/spout/drinking-hole-amajig. It's got a clip which pulls the valve open, so you don't have to tug at it with your teeth, and then it closes it again when you put the lid back on.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Darra8
    Darra8 Posts: 721
    I got mine from Millets...this was a couple of years ago though!
    40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I was looking for a new Zefal bottle and the LBS were selling them but had Raleigh printed on them :( However the soft teat and quality of the bottle won through. You could get the covers seperately though I doubt that is the case these days.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • beski
    beski Posts: 542
    I got mine from Millets, but as said previously that was a year or so ago.

They have got them on Amazon by the look of it though...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zefal-Water-Bot ... 18&sr=8-13
    Giant Defy 4 2014
    GT Avalanche Expert 2006
    Specialized Hardrock 1989
  • The ones at Amazon look the same as the one I had, except they are missing the soft rubber cap that goes over the teat. This is essential in my experience, unless you like the taste of the mud, etc. that can fly up onto teh teat as you ride (and it the etc. I'm especially worried about!)

We have got a Millets in town, so I'll try in there next week.
  • I've got a couple of used, but perfectly functional ones if you want. If you are willing to cover postage and packaging, you can have them.
  • Hercule Q
    Hercule Q Posts: 2,781
    get a camelpak?

pinkbike
    Blurring the line between bravery and stupidity since 1986!