Kona mash up

rhette
rhette Posts: 1,248
edited October 2009 in MTB general
We are thinking of doing the kona mash up either in december or next years summer one.
Did anyone take part this summer? If so how was it? Well organised? Layed back or manic?
Any info much appreciated.
Cheers

Comments

• KonaKurt
    KonaKurt Posts: 720
    Prepare to get mucky. VERY mucky! In fact, so mucky that you will be lucky to see out of your eyes!

I can't say I would want to get that mucky, but there again I am a bit of a jessie.

KK.
  • paulscutt
    paulscutt Posts: 332
    always well organised at Glyncorrwg, great place - you'll have a right laugh! it wont be muddy as its very well drained but may be wet and cold so make sure you are suitably clothed for the event
    **2009 Trek Remedy 8**

Specialized P.3 (custom) w/ Deore hydro discs, XT group, Blackspire device, Mavic D321's
  • P-Jay
    P-Jay Posts: 1,478
    Done the last two and they've been great fun.

Very laid back, I usually ride Afan all year and December will probably be cold and wet, but the trails drain really well so you won't find much mud after the first climb.

Don't know if it will be so big in Winter and I guess there will be less people/stands hanging around at the top, but you never know.

I'm crook at the moment so won't be doing it this Dec, but I'll hopfully be back next Summer if it's on.

Be good if it expands to take in Cwmcarn and Brechfa (hinto hinto MBUK/Kona/Skyline)