i think my balls have dropped or ive grown a pair

fourcrossjohn
fourcrossjohn Posts: 2,500
edited October 2009 in MTB general
spent 2 hours today with 2 mates building a small double only 3ft high but lip of the landing is 8ft away, i thought no way i could do it, my two buds did it straight away one majory casing it and one landing flat. I just had a sudden erge to do it where i would normaly need pressuring into doing it, perfect landing then jumped off the bike and it ghostied down to the next jump an cleared and landed it and carried on for another 10ft :s

never been that confident before, and the gap in between the kicker and landing is about 4ft so stacking could of been painful

will have pictures up on saturday as we had no camera's today

Comments

• BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    whats a double lol.
    pics ? or links
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • missmarple
    missmarple Posts: 1,980
    Nah mate your balls have finally dropped. Practice makes perfect, No Pain No Gain! :wink:
  • BurtonM wrote:
    whats a double lol.
    pics ? or links

Tabletop jump without the table bit :lol:

ie.. a takeoff ramp + landing ramp but nout in the middle!
  • i was so scared about stacking it as in true style every jump i try for the first time i always stack

i guess i mtfu'd
  • Wear protection... Ie FF helmet + a full set of pads.

You feel like a power ranger and completely invincible..... till you crash :lol:
    But it doesn't hurt as much!
  • parents wont let me get a ff, i have race knee shin pads and a modified hockey protector for my torso
  • parents wont let me get a ff

Why not? Don't they like you very much or something?
  • BurtonM
    BurtonM Posts: 425
    ahh i see what you mean.
    yeehaamcgee wrote:

That's like saying i want a door for my car that doesn't meet the roof, because I once had the wind blow it shut when I was getting in, and I had my head squished between, well, the door and the roof.
  • I wear pads and full face and it gave me a huge confidence boost on jumps!

Thing I hate most about doubles is not going quite far enough and smacking the back wheel on the lip at the other side and jarring my ankles and then thinking "Sh*t, I bet my back wheel will be buckled"!!
    I love the sound my tyres make on dusty single track!
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    missmarple wrote:
    Nah mate your balls have finally dropped. Practice makes perfect, No Pain No Gain! :wink:

very true just bust my coller bone my self. so agree with the no pain no gain
  • Eranu
    Eranu Posts: 712

You're not having much luck are you :(
  • the collar bone is designed to break
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    the collar bone is designed to break

Very true if your collar bone didnt bust you would bust your shoulder which is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY more painfull and instead of a few weeks in a sling involves major surgery and masses of physio and no bike riding for months.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • XxxBFGxxX
    XxxBFGxxX Posts: 1,355
    Eranu wrote:

You're not having much luck are you :(

yer i aint having much luck mate. dam trees lol.